Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
10 yrs already??

update on my project

my dad and i put a 2.2 chrysler turbo in my 72 914. last night i got to test drive it home, on three cylenders. new stuff this week:
brand new set of tires
custom exhaust system that has 2 1/4 pipe and one glass pack
wired newer electronics into it (took a good 10 - 12 hours)
set up the vacuum lines and solenoids.
put new fuel lines under the gas tank
for the most part the engine fit right in. it just took awhile to get the adapter plate right from the machine shop.
i'm only going to be getting between 165 and 180 hp when i get the other cylender working. I'll get more HP when i change the computer (i'll just have to unplug this one run a couple screws to change it)
the radiator is mounted right next to the engine. it over heated on the way home from the shop because it needs a new fan, as we discovered last night.
Old 12-31-1999, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Hey! Nice Rack! "Celette"

Garage
Sounds like good progress.
Why three cylinders? Bad plug or wire or something? Something easy I hope. Tough to scrounge parts (fan)on a holiday weekend. I had a thought about your shift trouble. If your engine is shaking badly from a cylinder miss this may cause linkage trouble. Check your mounts and watch the engine for excess movement. How soon til you have to go back to school? Are you planning to try to drive the car there?
Old 01-01-2000, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
10 yrs already??

I drove my car to see my girlfriend for new years!!! the shifter adjustments helped, and the cylinder that was missing was caused by a fuel injector problem. all fixed! i still don't have second gear, it feels like i am going to have to replace second gear and the synchro. i'm running 195-16-14's and i top out a little too soon... i feel like with the amount of torque in that engine i should have taller tires, or start out in second gear. (which is stillmissing)
Old 01-02-2000, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: