Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Going Creamsicle, need decals

Well since we are repainting it, its original Ivory White and it is a 74 and all, and I tore off all that vinyl, I decided to go creamsicle and get that Orangish Phoenix Red color for the rockers, valances and top. (wheels are next)

Does anyone know where I can get the decals? And if not, does anyone know the precise measurements of said decals so I can get them made?

Danke,

Steve

1974 914/4 2.0
2006 Hummer H3
2005 Dakota
Old 12-09-2004, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to jamcleod
so, you're making a creamsicle replica?
73 914 2.0 CIS #80
74 914 1.8L L-jet
83 911SC
Old 12-10-2004, 04:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Well, isn't anyone else gonna ask to see

PICTURES?

Were there any interior features that made it unique as well?
Old 12-10-2004, 04:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I know AA has all color side stripes. If you are going to make a replica LE why not a grasshopper.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

As soon as the painting is done you will have pictures. This will be before the wheels and decals but hey it is a start.

One thing I learned while painting it, there probably isn't such thing as a rust free 914.

1974 914/4 2.0
2006 Hummer H3
2005 Dakota
Old 12-10-2004, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Steve,

A couple of guys over on the 914Club site offer vinyl side stripes. Follow either one of these links for more info:

Sean's :

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=19902&

Mike Z's :

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=9991&hl=side+stripes&

Hope that helps you.

72 steel flared Jaguar Racing Green 2.2 liter "GT"
74 white parts car
74 yellow project car
Old 12-10-2004, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
I am told that the stripes sold by AA don't quite have the correct color.... I don't know that for certain myself, but the one Creamsicle car I've seen in person with AA stripes didn't look quite "right" somehow.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 12-10-2004, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Hey, I know where to get the real deal...in the exact 914 LE colors...

But look at it this way, faux LE cars need faux color stripes...

Good luck...
Old 12-10-2004, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I followed the colors. My car was originally Ivory White. I just didn't like the black or vinyl and I like the creamsicle look. I almost (as of this morning) went for the grasshopper but everything I have or is around me is green. (furniture, house, dakota out front, wife's old car) The orangish red (or redish orange) looks like it works. I think the car is going to be too bright because we went base coat clear coat. A lot of buffing and sanding let me tell you. I haven't decided if I am going to sand blast the bumpers and paint them for the true look. The car is being painted at a friend's house so I will have pictures when he emails them or I get it back. Looking at Christmas Eve as an ETA, just in time for my birthday the next day. So the wife gets to follow me I guess in the Beemer as we cruise to each family on the holiday.
I am thinking I can get a decal shop to do the decals but again, if anyone out there as actually measurements and a font that would be great. Thanks for the links gbalke.

1974 914/4 2.0
2006 Hummer H3
2005 Dakota
Old 12-10-2004, 11:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: