Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Important -- re: Partwerks

For all those Pelicans who have been wronged by Partwerks, here is your call to action.

I have been in contact with Daniel Ligocki, a representative from the Illinois State Attorney General's Office. I filed a formal complaint against Partwerks a couple of months ago, concerning their failure to deliver a 1997 993 DME as Purchased and Invoiced as part of a larger deal. Mr. Ligocki stated that approximately one complaint per year trickles into his office regarding Partwerks. There were none for '04 except for my own. Is this possible? Jay has not responded to mine yet due to "family issues." He has a week to respond.

If you want action, here is your opportunity. I have alerted Mr. Ligocki as to Partwerks's recent alleged change of name on Ebay. I told him about the shipping woes, the fake Behr parts and fraudulent practices as you have described here on the forum. I sent him links to the forum so he could read them himself. The only problem is: these alleged practices have no bearing unless you Pelicans fill out a consumer complaint form.

Here it is. Pleae take a few minutes for humanity if you have been wronged by Partwerks. The hammer will likely come down if you respond. My solitary complaint is just that--solitary.

http://www.ag.state.il.us/consumers/conscomp.pdf

Address it to:
Mr. Daniel Ligocki
Office of Att'y General of Illinois
Consumer Protection Division
100 W. Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60601

Or call 312 814 3866 and talk to him yourself. But please fill out the form first.

This goes for everyone; please don't feel alone in this matter. Your complaints have greater meaning if the Attorney General sees a "pattern." We will all benefit!!
Old 02-03-2005, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
You should post this over at Rennlist. I know the 928 guys over there have had many problems with Part Werks.
'78 928 w/ 13K miles (5 speed)
'75 914 2.0
Old 02-04-2005, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

To all that have been following the saga, the tirades, and the stories of those adversely impacted by the business practices at Partwerks:

With the help of the Attorney General's office in Illinois, Jay at Partwerks, and the fellow Pelicans who responded to my call to duty, I have received reimbursement for the DME which was owed to me via a deal with Partwerks.

I expect the benefits of our organization to be widespread, as Jay is allegedly responding to all those who wrote to the Attorney General as I recommended. Jay (Partwerks) is now committed to making amends. I give him accolades for this, and others should as well.

I commend all those involved and those still involved, especially those who did not get caught up in mindless banter with dissenters on these BB's.

As I've said before, my hat goes off to the administrators for remaining neutral and being quick to shut down threads where people had become "inappropriate." Keep up the good work.

***So if anyone has a 964 DME p/n 964.618.124.03 or.04 let me know. I have the resources to buy one
Old 04-03-2005, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Not right in the head

Send a message via Yahoo to nutzforporsche
I've never done business with them. Now I'm glad that someone has piped in. I might have spent cash unwisely.
99' BMW 740iL
Old 04-06-2005, 04:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
you should post on 914club too... when it comes back up
I've been bent over by them 2 times, never again
Old 04-06-2005, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Yikes:

http://www.911turbo.com/turboclub/board/board.php?messageID=50394
Old 04-06-2005, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: