Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

73 CHT inline resistor

Does anybody know the specs on this inline resistor (#80 on the 73 wiring diagram)? I am running out of options as to what could be wrong with the FI i am putting on my new 2.0. Everything is new except for the ECU and the MPS. I have tried 2 of each of those from different years and the problems is still there. So we are back to checking out the CHT again. We are putting another new one on but i was wondering if this reisistor might be the problem. The engine is a 73 and the resistor is missing. could this be causing the problem that i described before where I was getting intermetant lean spurts at cruise throttle between 2200 2700 RPM?

James

Old 08-25-2000, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
The resistor was either 240 ohms or 270 ohms. It would affect the mixture at all RPMs, though, not just cruise. It would make it a bit richer when warm, and a very tiny bit richer (or no real effect) when cold.

I'm fighting a similar problem in my own car. I have not yet found the problem. Let me know if and when you do.

BTW, I have tried a brand new MPS, and several used ECUs. No consistent results yet.

--DD
Old 08-26-2000, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
retired, mostly

Correction Dave, you have found the problem, just not the solution.
You really need to get this sorted out. We all look to you for answers, so it doesn't look good for the expert to get stumped. Either fix it or pretend that it is fixed, either way works for me :-)

Old 08-26-2000, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: