Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question flasher relay

OK, I get one click from the turn signal flasher relay and then nothing.
does this indicate a flasher unit going bad?

any other suggestions...I want to drive this weekend, if it dries out.

Thanks
Old 04-12-2006, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Could be that its going bad...could also be simply that you have some bad dirty connections in the lighing system that need to be fixed....
the relay needs to heat up in order to work, most of the relays are tuned to see the load from all the bulbs...if the contacts are dirty, it might be the problem.

Scrappy doo can save you
Old 04-12-2006, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

does the same in both directions. Unlikely that terminals are dirty on both sides, but maybe.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

could be the relay is dirty, not seated firmly..or yes it could be getting old...it is 30..older than most flasher relays...

So...I say buy two to be safe...

Old 04-12-2006, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I had the same issue until 2 days ago. I also had a couple of other electrical issues that ended up being related.

My issue was due to powder coating the alternator brackets and fan shroud. The powder coating prevented the alternator from being grounded.

I haven't fixed it correctly yet, but I clamped on a temporary ground from the alternator to the engine and now the flashers work as they should and my lights are brighter, the rear tail lights now work properly and the battery is charging properly.

Have you recently painted or powder coated the alternator brackets or the fan shroud that they attach to?
Old 04-13-2006, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: