Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

need opinon on Mark Stephens Engine

Hi there I need some opinons on Mark Stephens High Performance. I trust their head work completely but want some opinons on their engines. I was considering buying one of their Stage One kits, which keeps the stock bore and stroke for a 2.0, but has reworked combustion chambers,and is zero-decked. He also offers a choice of solid or hydraulic cams. Anybody out there with experience with them? Thanks

Old 11-07-1998, 09:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The 1974 2.0l we bought has the hydralic cam, lifers and push rods. They work great with good low and mid-range power. Julia drives the car to school and work everyday and have not had any troubles. The problem seems to come when only the cam and lifters are installed and then trying to adjust the valves like the stock mechanicals which is disasterous. I have found that generally when you have dealt with a shop and had good service (parts, etc) then all their service will be the same. I always ask the pros and cons anytime I make a change to the engine and they always tell me good info.

[This message has been edited by john rogers.]
Old 11-09-1998, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: