Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Question relocating fuel pump

Now that I have decided to relocate the fuel pump, I want to have a nice cover for it made. I have a machine shop here that can fabricate anything. Does anyone have a custom box or cover for their fuel pump they are proud of? Can you share pics? Or am I being too picky?
My trunk is pristine, and I would like to keep it looking good. Sticking the fuel pump in there or above the steering rack is a good idea, I just want it to look like it belongs.

------------------
Randy Foulds
Salinas, CA
http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/rfoulds

Old 10-23-2001, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Porsche Crest

Take a look at a 75+ car. They have a little removable cover in the rear wall of the trunk.

--DD

------------------
Pelican Parts 914 Tech Support

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 10-23-2001, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I put mine right by the sock filter access hole underneath the car. You pull the skid plate off that protects the master cylinder. on the pass. side of the car, there's a big 'ol hole that lets you (with lots of straining and swears) replace the fuel tank sock filter. Through this hole I could reach the fuel lines, block the return line off and pull the feed line out. I drilled mounting holes right by the access hole and mounted the pump. Be sure to put in vibration mounts so you dont hear the damn thing in the cockpit. Then the skid plate fits over to cover and protect.
Old 10-23-2001, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

the best thing i ever saw is how they mount the fuel pump in a 914/6 GT. they have a guard/cover over it
Old 10-24-2001, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: