Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Heater/Defroster controls

I am on my second 914 and mostly drove them in the summer so I never used the heater much. Especially since my first 914 didn't have all the equipment on it. But anyway, I know this may be a stupid question, but I have never seen an owners manual for this car and am still not clear on how the controls work for the heater/defroster. What are the correct ways to place the three levers on the dash anyway???

I have gotten warm air to come out near the floor (I didn't even know there were ducts down there!!) but can't remember where the levers were positioned.

Like I said, may be a stupid question, but since the weather is cooling off quite a bit here in Northern CA, I need some heat and a clear windshield at night once in a while. Thanks in advance!!!

Jason
1973 2.0

[This message has been edited by jboy914 (edited 11-06-2001).]
Old 11-06-2001, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Porsche Crest

Check the 914 FAQ, available in the Tech Articles section of this site.

--DD

------------------
Pelican Parts 914 Tech Support

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 11-06-2001, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The easy rule of thumb is put all three in the middle for some air and some heat up and down. The two bottom to the left and top to the right for fresh air with no heat. Top to the left with two bottom to the right for max defrost. Pull the handle up when you need the heat too. Good luck.
Old 11-06-2001, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Cool. Thanks for the HOT tips guys!!!!!

Jason
Old 11-06-2001, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: