Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Post what is the part number for a grant steering wheel?

Any one use a Grant steering wheel, if so what is the part number for the adapter kit?
Old 11-06-2001, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Grant does not make an adapter kit that fits the 914/4. THey do make one that fits the 914/6.

I have heard rumors that some of the other adpater kits will work on the 4 but have had no luck finding one.

Here's what you can do...

Buy a wheel ( I like model 773, nice and cheap, good looking), and buy the 1" or 2" extension. The Grant part no on the 2" is #4000. You can then take your stock wheel apart and drill the rivets out of the hub. Depending on the year you then need to machine off some material from the front of the hub. Drill three holes for the 2" adapter and bolt it on. Your off to the races.

The 2" adapter works very well for me. The wheel in the 914 is set far too far forward for me at least, this makes it right.

Alternatively you can order a MOMO from GPR, they have great prices on them (like $109) of course you also need the $45 adapter and maybe the $50 spacer. The 2" Grant spacer will cost you $21.

Hope this helps!

Sean
Old 11-07-2001, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: