Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Part number reference

Does anyone know of a reference source for Porsche part numbers? I have a part number for a piston and cylinder set and am looking for details like the compression ratio. I called the local Porsche dealer and they didn't give me anything more than what I already knew.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to pbanders
One source of this info is the "Tech Specs" guide, published by Porsche but out-of-print. One of these is up on Ebay right now for an opening bid of $15. It's a little book with a lot of information.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Paul_Heery Send a message via Yahoo to Paul_Heery
I just found this one out on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1812116560&r=0&t=0

It should have all of the parts numbers that you need.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
For a time, at least, you could also get the "PET" CD, which was a CD-ROM compilation of all of the microfiche (and earlier, paper book) catalogs for all Porsche models.

None of those will tell you anything about compression ratios, though. CR depends way too much on "everything else", like how much the head has been machined. They also don't have any reference to any non-stock parts--including stock-sized replacements by aftermarket companies.

What do you have, maybe we can help.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 03-11-2002, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: