Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Smile lowered front end

I just lowered my front due to the comments I got and also got a realignment. My car now handles amazing, I still can't help but take it out all the time to find more and more turns. (and I thought my 97 VW GTI-VR6 handled well with bilstein sports and nuespeed springs) It is so much more well balanced ( I can even drift the rear slightly on 2nd gear turns with power on )

I recommend anybody that needs an alignment to lower there fornt first. I also do not have a problem with bumpsteer.

Justin

74 orange 914 1.8l

Last edited by jurhip; 08-07-2002 at 09:33 AM..
Old 08-07-2002, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You would be amazed at the number of cars running around with their noses stuck in the air and the ass end of the car dragging because they need springs.

Who here believes that shocks hold a car up ??lol

B
Old 08-07-2002, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Not only that, but if you look at some of the publicity shots from when these cars were new, a lot of them seem to have had the fronts excessively high. The fours seem to have suffered from this more than the sixes - I guess at Stuttgart they knew it looked funny!
Old 08-07-2002, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to greenwood Send a message via Yahoo to greenwood
Man what a coincidence...I've been toying with the idea of dropping the front end of my 914 but havn't had the time. AND Iv'e got a 97 GTIVR6 that I'd like to put Bil sports and neuspeed sports on but I don't have to $ right now. Toooo weird!!

You think you could post a couple of pics, I'd like to see how low you went.

jag
Old 08-07-2002, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Jag

Which car do you want pics of. I don't have a digital camera but I can probably borrow one (look for a new post in the future). By the way, if you look at the car from the side (at wheel level), the wheel wells seem to about 1/2 inch below the top of the tire (195/60 - 15).

When you get the money put the parts on your VW. It looks great and doesn't hurt the ride much at all (feels stiffer but much better damped). BTW do you happen to have the 97 drivers edition, I have the yellow one. strange indeed.

Justin
Old 08-08-2002, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to greenwood Send a message via Yahoo to greenwood
the yellow one aye? that's the one wanted. Too bad I got it used and Red was the only one around here. Although my 914 is about the same yellow as your gti, maybe that would have been too much yellow in my garage....naaaa yellow looks great on german cars, the more the better.
I wouldn't mind seeing pics of both cars if you've got the time. If not don't worry about.
The other reason I have dropped the front end of my teener yet was cuz I'm afraid of the bumpsteer problem. I could put the "kit" on but that might be a pain.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I wouldn't about bump steer if you lower the car a little. If you lower it a lot you'll have a problem. More is not better in this case.
Old 08-08-2002, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: