Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Dumb Question

Allright, I have a '76 2.0 and I can't find the fuel filter. I believe it to be up front but I don't see it. To be honest I haven't looked from under the car but I thought I was supposed to be able to access it from the front trunk. You don't have to pull out the tank to change the filter do you?
Old 08-09-2002, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If it is the same as my 75, the fuel filter is behind the fuel pump ( or close to it) in the front trunk. There is a bulge in the carpet on the drivers side of the trunk wall, take off this pannel and you can see you fuel pump and hopefully your filter. Hope this helps, Dave
Old 08-09-2002, 07:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

OK, so I took the panel off and there was the fuel pump. Sitting behind it was the filter. There is no way to get at the filter that I can see without removing the pump. And even then it looks like access to the filter is questionable. Looking through that access panel and imagining how I would ever get at the filter reminds me of those ship models in a bottle people somehow build. It looks like removing the whole tank to get at the filter would be easier than trying to work through the access panel. Is there a better way?
Old 08-10-2002, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Lightbulb

To replace the filter, it might be easier to lift the gas tank out. Since the lines are probably original, it is a good idea to buy HP FI lines from Pelican and replace the old lines. Just be carefull not to kink the new lines when installing the gas tank.
Old 08-10-2002, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
When I replaced my fuel filter, there was enough slack in the fuel lines to remove it from the access hole in the trunk. See if yours can do the same.
Old 08-10-2002, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Was your fuel pump in the way and did you have to remove it to get at the filter?
Old 08-10-2002, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: