Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Single turn signal indicator to dual (on Tach)

I have a 914-6 Tach to install in my 914 conversion. The older-style tach has directional turn signal indicators on the Tach, where as the new style tach has a single indicator bulb.

Has anyone tried rewiring to convert the single bulb to a dual bulb indicator? Detailed ideas/instructions/diagrams would be helpful. Also helpful would be an electrical engineer to come over this weekend to figure it out for me.

Regards,
Old 11-14-2002, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The way I did mine years ago was to tap into the Black/White and Black/Green wires that go to the actual signals.
Old 11-15-2002, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

That's the same thing I did several years ago. If you do an archives search the instructions should show up. Use the piggy back wire splicers and there is no problems. Good luck.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

If your car is wired to support only the single turn signal lamp, it is easy to change the wiring to support dual (separate) indicator lamps. If you want to change the instrument, itself, to dual indicator lamps, I don't know.
Phil
Old 11-15-2002, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Phil,

I got the turn signal buckets taken care of, it's the indicators on the Tach. But I think I'll follow some of the advice above.

I like the idea of tapping into the turn signal wires with a piggy-back wire splicer.

Regards,
Old 11-15-2002, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: