Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
AKA The Dragon Whisperer

Garage
914 1.7 FI Question

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]I am working on an injected 72 914 1.7. Tested with key on and only 2 injectors trigger for acceleration enrichment when the throttle is opened. Is two all there is or is it supposed to be all four?
The car is pretty gutless coming off of the line.
All four injectors trigger in the running mode so it is not a harness issue.
And where is the best Theory of Operations that described the acceleration enrichment? Is it the Blue Bosch Injection manual?
(I thought this got posted a couple of days ago.)
[FONT="Book Antiqua"]
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and un-explicable." {Douglas Adams} There is another theory which states that this has already happened (Perhaps multiple times)." {McGlohen}
Old 06-28-2017, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

As I recall all four injectors trigger on acceleration. D-Jetronic uses a set of contact points in the throttle position switch that signals acceleration which increases injection pulses. The manifold pressure sensor also controls acceleration.

I'm going to take a stab at this since its been over 30 years since I owned a 914 with MPC. I would
look at the ballast resistors and measure them and check for vacuum leaks.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: