Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Stalling and no-start ugh!

Hello,
My friend has a 944 and unfortunately it will not start, it has been doing this on and off for a couple of months. The speed and ref sensors, coil, rotor, cap, wires, plugs, DME relay have all been changed. I had her mail me the DME so I could take a look inside it (she is in Dublin OH and I am in PA) I resoldered some of the connections even though they didn't look bad, but to no avail the car will run fine for a while, then she will go back to it hours later and it will not start. It cranks, supposedly it has spark ( i had her do a spark check) but this is when she smelled a lot of gas in the tailpipe so maybe the car was flooded and it would have started but didn't because it was flooded. I have no idea what i am missing and this is especially difficult since I am not there. Also, while she is driving occasionally all the gauges will cut out, then resume working instantly, I am not sure but I don't think the car loses power, just the gauges. Whether this and the no-start are related...I have no idea. My thoughts are pretty much directed toward the ignition area such as the alarm switch (very hard to turn), alarm relay, bad ground, or voltage regulator. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Last edited by Oliver911; 03-28-2003 at 06:48 PM..
Old 03-28-2003, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Try battery ground cable - can cause a strange "no start" at random intervals.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 03-28-2003, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Faulty alarm module caused some of the same symptoms for me.
1980 911 SC
1999 996 Cab
Old 03-28-2003, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Check also coolant temperature sensor. If it is faulty you can have starting problems. Starting fuel mixture is controlled by engine temperature.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys, i'll walk her through checking the battery cables and alarm module, but I don't think I can have her check the coolant sensor. I'll let ya know what this turns up.

Thank You
Old 03-29-2003, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: