Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Non Clark's Alarm Disabling Procedure?

Have removed the Motronic unit from my '87NA prior to pulling the wiring bundle through the firewall (prepping for engine drop), and have noticed that the alarm box has not been jumpered as per Clark's Garage procedure.

P.O. had told me that the alarm system had been disabled - but obviously not as outlined by Clark's. Has me wondering what else could have been done to disarm the alarm system - as I don't want to mess anything up, wiring wise, in prepping for the engine drop.

There is an eight pin connector hanging loose and unconnected in the vicinity of the alarm box...but I cannot see where this may have been connected. I think I'll remove the glove box for a better view.

Old 10-17-2019, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
If it's a aftermarket alarm like mine was (prestige) it's probably up above the pedals on driver side. Several wires crimped on existing wires for doors and ignition with a added relay cut into the starter wire coming from the relay box.
Best you could do is find it to identify and google the installation instructions. Remove it in reverse order if you want it gone.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The mess an aftermarket alarm makes!
Quite a job to remove but essentially wired in my case to the DME relay cutting power to the ECU and Fuel Pump.

I have also that 8 pin connector hanging under my dash near the immobiliser Iím guessing itís the connector for a genuine Porsche alarm...
Old 10-19-2019, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Yes...mine is original Porsche also. Since my original post I've decided to leave the wire bundle connected to the box and pull everything off of the engine instead prior to dropping it.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: