Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Broken trunk lock and latch

So I have been trying to restore my trunk latch all was good until about two days ago...when i was making the repair the trunk latches opened properly two days later the trunk wouldn’t open at all I twisted the key so much I ended up breaking the lock mechanism so i climb into the back of the car and pulled the two rods that controls the latch I got the passenger side to free but the drivers latch will not open no matter how much I pull on the rod I believe this is the latch that would not let me open the trunk with the key so now i wanted to know is there any other options available to get the driver side latch to open and also where can I get another key lock mechanism because eventually I would want to the key lol!
Old 11-07-2019, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

get a 10mm wrench and climb into the trunk again, pull back the carpet, and loosen (don't need to fully remove) the 10mm nuts holding the latch to the body.

this will let go of its kung-fu grip on the hatch pins and you can wiggle it off
Old 11-07-2019, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2rocket_aka944 View Post
get a 10mm wrench and climb into the trunk again, pull back the carpet, and loosen (don't need to fully remove) the 10mm nuts holding the latch to the body.

this will let go of its kung-fu grip on the hatch pins and you can wiggle it off
This^^ Easy to do. To re-adjust loosen the two 10mm on both sides and set the trunk hatch down onto the latches but not all the way. Climb back into the trunk and tighten down the 10mm's on both sides. The latches should now be properly aligned with the hatch pins.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks will do as soon as I get home and will keep ya posted as always lol!
Old 11-07-2019, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
this worked like a charm going to order new latches though and a new key cylinder but thanks for all of your help guys really appreciate it!
Old 11-07-2019, 11:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: