Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
Saving the Wave/Flash!

Yesterday I went on a drive with my girlfriend down scenic route 1 here in CT and saw a number of Porsches. Saw many Boxsters and 996s - didn't get any wave from them. But I did get a number of waves:

Black 944 Turbo or S2 in Mystic area: Guy waved out his window and gave me a big ol smile

Silver Cayenne S (!) in Mystic downtown: Driver gave me the head nod when he saw me pointing out the pepper box to my GF.

Red 991SC or Carrera 3.2 in Old Saybrook: Driver gave me a little wave when I passed him (he was at a stoplight).

Silver 1974ish 911 (w/Carrera script) Targa in Westbrook: Driver gave me the flash when he drove past.

It was a nice drive except for all the bugs i had to wipe off the 944's nose by the end of the day!
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 05-11-2003, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to overkill
Thats cool.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Bugs...What is the last part of the bug that you see before it hits your windshield? Its cute little ass...lol

http://www.p-caronline.com/directory/coupe

Porsche 944 Turbo, 1986
Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, 1997
Old 05-12-2003, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I saw a 3.2 carrera yesterday, he wouldn't wave.

But a little kid in the back of his mom's mazda had his nose and both palms pressed against the glass looking. It was fun watching him notice me and scrambling across the seat to get a better look. The kid's got class.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I was at a junction last weekend waiting to turn right into a busy road...waiting for the traffic to pass coming from both directions...(it was quite busy) when a white 944 came from the left. He wanted to turn into where i was coming from so he waved me to come out as he was holding up the traffic behind him. I couldn't come out as the traffic was still coming thick and fast from the right so the driver of the white 944 looked at me, shook his head and was mouthing off looking in my direction while burning his tyres and making a dash for the junction. He ended up getting in ok but the driver in the Jaguar who was minding his own business doing about 60mph wasn't too happy having to slow right down in an emergency stop type manner. He started mouthing off at me too and i managed to make out something like " bloody porsche drivers".

No moral of the story except he wasn't a very nice porsche driver.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TheCooler
I was driving around my neighbor when suddenly a red 944 catches my eye. I couldnt beleive one of my neighbors has one thats the same year as mine. So I stopped my car and had a nice little chat...I was so amazed that someone near me has the same year 944 ...I guess me and him are going to become buddy buddy.
-2007 Ford PIMP(free)star ...company car....
-1999.5 Jetta VR6
Old 05-12-2003, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Wow...I wave to Every P-car i see...but today i got a nice treat...I was driving along going a little faster than the speed of traffic..but not noticable...around dusk....and i saw the tail of a new porsche...too far to tell what...get a little closer and see it is a boxster. I hang behind him in the lane next to him just admiring..(yes I admire EVERY Porsche) and suddenly I saw a little hand in the passenger seat pop up and wave. I was confused...not seeing a passenger and pulled up next to him. Sure enough It was a Dad and his daughter(around 6?) both smiling and they both were smiling and waving...I waved back enthusiasticly. I cruised next to them for about a mile and had to get off...so i waved goodbye and they waved goodbye. That guy was teaching his daughter true Porsche ownership. Hopefully in about 10 years she will be driving that very car. on another note..I saw a 996 RUF this morning..pulled up next to him and waved...nothing....stared and waved more...dead. What a poopie head. Also on Sunday for those of you who know the PCH or highway 1 in California...I was cruizing it going to the beach and saw a total of about 30 or 40 porsches out and about...(rich bastards..all new except like 3) ONE was a red 944. None waved...although I got a 993 to look at me puzzled...and I bet the 944 would have waved if i had been in my car at the time..instead of in the gas station. Oh well...Keep it alive guys!
Old 05-12-2003, 09:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: