Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
SAD stuff...Please read

I hope this affects someone in the way it has effected me...I went on a southern California car cruise last weekend (10/4/03) which ended in tradgedy. Please read my long post here....951 vs. M3, oh yeah. This just goes to show....how fragile life truly is. Please guys...work with me to create a cheaper and easier way to race eachother on the track...
Old 10-09-2003, 12:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Wow, I'm moved. I just recently drove up Glendora mountain road and saw a cross with someones picture on it and flowers, later I met a woman who told me that someone had gone off the cliff for going too fast. Just then some guy WITH passengers was driving by going fast, you could hear his tires screeching. I thought to myself, there goes another one.
pictures
Old 10-09-2003, 12:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
My friends new some guys who roled a Camaro up those roads...I think he said 150 feet down and miraculously everyone was alive. Just a little while ago another car full of people died on those roads....car roled and ejected everyone...and they were ALL run over by the car...and they where wearing their belts. I think the little brother survived...but with seeing that happen to your older brother that has to mess someone up.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ds475
wow. right after i read that, i got this sensation in my body that STILL hasn't gone away... i can't believe that even though the driver was the cause of it all, he was still to selfish to risk his life to save his friend. i hope he dies in jail. it's hard for me to get my car over 100... so i don't usually speed to ridiculously, not to mention, a lot can happen going that fast. i've never thought about the innocent people that could get hurt by street racing, i never thought that sometimes they get dragged into it. i was very moved.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
Very horrible events. Someone posted links to that story on the OT board and I was reading through it a couple days ago. There are so many dumb street racers out there. Just today I was cut off by some fool in a new 350Z which his daddy probably bought him, who overtook me on the wrong side, cut in front of me right after that because his lane ended, and slammed his brakes to avoid hitting the car in front of him. There was an autoX here on my school's campus just last weekend, and of course none of the street racers and ricers here decided to show up because they were too busy causing trouble on public roads. That really irritates me.
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 10-09-2003, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

_ A few months ago some guys at the auto parts store were talking about some fun twisties to go though near my house. they where laughing and talking about how one had lost control and gone into the blackberries (no real ditch, they winched the car out) A short time later there was a fatal accident on the same road as a car crossed the center line in one of the sharpest turns and hit another head on. HaHa. I wish people would stop the madness. PLAY IT SAFE!! The temporary rush is NOT WORTH IT!!

_ I agree with you, safe, controlled car events should be more frequent, cheaper, etc. A while ago I heard about some cops hosting drag races between the highschool kids and squad cars. That not only gives an outlet to the 'need' for speed, but it builds good relationships. That would be cool. There is always a little whining about police on the BBS and that is understandable, but they provide a very necisary service: trying to keep complete idiots off the road.

_ On a lighter note, I was joking with a friend the other day that we where the first Porsche to do the speed limit in the carpool lane with an open road. If you want a great time, go on a drive where safe speeds are understood to be the only thing acceptable. A bigger rush than blowing though a curve is to go through at the speed limit and see a bunch of sweet cars gliding though in front and behind you. Don't live up to the joke: What is different between a cactus and a Porsche?

(The cactus has pricks on the outside.)

If it ain't broken, drive it until something is.

Have you spent quality time with your Engine Gnome lately?

Defend Your Joy

Last edited by Pike; 10-09-2003 at 10:33 PM..
Old 10-09-2003, 10:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
you usually know who has the fast cars... they are the people driving slow to show them off, they already know their car is fast and know they dont have to prove it... plus when you drive slow every gets to see how good you look in your fast car!!!

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: