Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Unhappy Hatch Pin Receiver not moving, Help?

My Hatch has been popping open on the road, usually after some athletic cornering. The last couple of days or so it has only gotten worse (obviously), to the point where the gentle transition into my driveway was enough to promote some open-air action.

After reading some earlier posts I decided to inspect the Pin Receiving mechanisms by opening the Hatch (not too tricky at this stage) and proceeding to twist the key in order to operate the little jaws that clasp the Hatch Pins.

I was slightly relieved to note that the left Receiver (the side that won't grab) wasn't even pretending to move, which I would guess points to a fairly minor mechanical failure rather than something more catastrophic.

I'm not the most mechanically inclined, but I can definitely follow instructions. If anyone could possibly give me some advice, that would be great, as I would really like to at least diagnose the problem myself if not even perhaps (gasp), fix it!

Thanks,
Benny
Old 10-09-2003, 01:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Might just need some lubrication - use some lithium grease and manually work the mechanism until it moves freely
Old 10-09-2003, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Cebu
check the center pivot point that actuate the rods to the latch mechanism. When using the remote hatch release, occassionaly the system will not totally reset and the latch will not fully engage the hatch peg when closed. the body/frame flex causes the mechanism to dis-engage the hatch peg. On by 944, I manually push the pivot(facing forward with hatch open) top part to the right ensuring the mechanism is fully reset to receive and engage the hatch peg.
94 Impala SS
Old 10-09-2003, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: