Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Performance Limits. (Bunch of Questions)

Ok.

I am soon going to start modifying my 944.

It's performance is good..but i need more, quite frankly.

I was wondering what my options are.

There have been a few things ive been thinking about..

1) The 1988 Turbo S engine. Is a swap possible into a 944 N/A platform? Would i have to do any cutting..or is it a clean swap? The main thing that impressed me about this is that it puts out 250 Horsepower and 8.0:1 compression :| What kind of boost is the engine putting out from the factory..and how much could it be raised?

2) Are there turbo kits for 83 944s? And what kind of compression will i get after i install it..and what is the limit before i have to use 94+ octane.

3) Is it easier to just get the 944 turbo engine and swap it in..same questions for this as in 1)

4) What are the power limits of the 944 transmission...differential...etc..

5) The car has amazing balance..and i dont want to upset that..what is the weight of the turbo s engine compared to the 944 N/A..or the Turbo model...

6) When i looked up the 944..the wheels were set at 215/60/15s Now..when i bought my car..the front had 205/60/15s..and the rear were 215/60/15. How does this affect the car? if at all?

Thanks.

Old 11-22-2003, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
Use this button:

Ahmet
Old 11-22-2003, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
hehehehe...

Welcome Zlatko.

If you really read all your questions..... they have the same answer.

Sell the 944 and pick up the 88 Turbo S

P.S but I am partial to the 86 Turbo. Cheaper to find and if you are planning on making it go faster you will end up replacing all the parts that make the Turbo S what it is..... (turbo, brakes etc)
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 11-22-2003, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

hey you dont want to ask about chaging a 944 into a 944 turbo. i asked that, and these guys went off. you have to upgrade the suspension, the engine, the like everything in the car to make it a turbo. so dont try it
Old 11-22-2003, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Ahem! There is the option of buying tholyoak's car, advertised on this board and currently up on eBay. It's a 1983 944 with Callaway turbo upgrade, and his price seems reasonable. I'm tempted myself since I'm looking for an '83, but it's not Guards Red...

Emanuel
Old 11-22-2003, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Non Compos Mentis

Yes, much cheaper to buy a factory turbo.

But the BEST money you could EVER spend, is in driver training. Go to racing school, and it will improve every vehicle you ever drive in your life.

Old 11-22-2003, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: