Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to toolboy62 Send a message via Yahoo to toolboy62
944 noob questions

Got my "new" 944 today... I like it! Only problem is there's a couple things I want to fix but I don't have the manual yet (PO says he will give me the CD when he finds it.)

1) I had to replace a few sidemarker bulbs, and the part numbers aren't listed in the owner's manual. I got the ones that the catalog at AutoZone said were correct, they are 10W and they are much brighter than the ones I didn't replace - the ones I took out were 5W. Is there a list somewhere of "correct" bulbs? Gonna need to replace a bunch of them like the underhood light, trunk light, etc. On the same subject, I assume the fog lights are H3 is that correct? They don't work and they're going to have to to pass MD inspection (all exterior lighting must function whether it is required or not. Dumb, but what can I do?) All my tools are at my friend's garage (can you tell I'm regretting this right now?)

2) Where's the cheapest place to get a new hatch seal? Mine is dried up and pulling away in the corners, and causing some wind noise/water leakage.

3) Is there a page online regarding fixing the sunroof? One of the plastic gears is stripped, the PO tried to fix it but the new gear stripped as well. I haven't a clue what I'm doing there.

I'm gonna put some (bad - it was really sunny today) pics up on my web page if you wanna see what I got.

thanks!

nate
Old 02-08-2004, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Oh yeah, forgot the last question.

4) how do you pull the instrument cluster? I need to fix the odo as well before I take it in for inspection.

thanks!

nate
Old 02-08-2004, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Welcome to the insanity.

Please, put the year of your car in the post when asking questions. The answers you get will be very different depending on the year of your car.

The bulbs you get at the auto parts store are fine. They probably pull a little more power than the factory bulbs, but no worries.

The foglights are H3. and are probably burned out. Wal-mart carries the correct bulb.

Hatch seal - probably a porsche dealer. Pelican parts may carry one. I would suggest calling Pelican first, they will be much cheaper than the dealer.

Try Clarks Garage http://www.clarks-garage.com for sunroof information.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 02-08-2004, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Sorry 'bout that, I forgot there were two different dash designs etc. anyway the car is an '88.

nate
Old 02-08-2004, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Ok, then to remove the instrument cluster, you will probably need to remove the steering wheel.

then remove the 8 screws holding the trim panel in.

then 4 screws for the cluster itself, the cluster is attached with 3 ribbon cables,

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 02-08-2004, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
WELCOME! and NEVER ask how to put a turbo on it or die!!!!

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Composite Shop Owner, DJ

Send a message via MSN to MixMasterK Send a message via Yahoo to MixMasterK
As far as the bulbs:

New bulbs for the side markers/parking lights are going to be 10W. Better to have a brighter bulb and be seen easier anyway. The extra 5W isn't going to hurt anything. The fog lights are H-3, 12v, 55W.

As for the rear hatch seal:

Look around on Pelican Parts store site first. They might have one and possibly cheaper. Otherwise, Performance Products has one for under $100
Old 02-08-2004, 09:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: