Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to ds475
Another one bites the dust...

Ok, i am a dumbass. you can say it before you read my post, although, after you read my post you will say it anyway.

I was drifting around a turn on a wet road my friend said he used to drift around in his old truck when it was wet. well, it tried it out and ended up losing control, sliding up a curb and hitting a tree.

the front end is raped. bumper is 2 feet to the right.
hood - raped
bumper - raped
frame - i'd bet it's raped
radiator - possibly raped

i have fuchs. anyone want them?
i have a passenger side door in perfect condition.
rear quarter panels perfect.
hatch is fine.
black interior.
dash has only one crack and it is on one of those pieces in between the defroster holes.
the cat is good as far as i know, although they don't smog test in texas...
pair of boge shocks in the back that have less than 500 miles.
pair of boge shocks in the front, with even less mileage.
air flow sensor didn't seem messed up, but we'll see.
fuel pump.
anyone want the whole engine? it ran, and i bet still does.
tranny didn't seem bad, but i'm not a mechanic by any standard.

make some offers. i'm getting rid of everything, and i'm not going to keep a lot of s*** around the garage.

if anyone is wanting anything, tell me, i'm going to go by the wrecker place and get some s*** out. you can have it, for a reasonable (small) price. it came out to a $1000 car after being slightly hit. so i'm not out a whole lot of cash, but i am going to miss my 944.

let this be known, i WILL own another porsche in my lifetime (951/928), but it will be a little while, because i didn't really like f***ing with my old ass car. later in life i know i will be more interested, but i really did like that car...

i didn't feel a thing when i hit. i am going to miss coming to this board, because i have no reason anymore... but i will be back, someday...
Old 02-10-2004, 11:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

and let me say another thing...

i enjoyed this forum, and i will miss your smart-ass comments. i now have one less forum to waste time at work with.

i'm truly going to miss my first car. it didn't even make it a year in my posession... why am i so dumb? i'm thinking about a small 4x4 truck, any suggestions?

(god dammit the 944 was so cool!!! and i was just *****ing about my leaky moonroof today...)
Old 02-10-2004, 11:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

sorry to hear that man. at least no one got hurt
i guess you guys got that light sprinkle that we did today? its always real slick after the first rain, esspecially in high traffic areas.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
meister member

Garage
Sorry to hear about your car. I'm glad you are Ok. get a toyota 4X4. They have good ground clearence and entry/ departure angles.
Favorite Road = www.tailofthedragon.com 318 turns in 11 miles (11 min 20 sec best run)
Old 02-10-2004, 11:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Certified Rennwerker

Send a message via MSN to 924Sman
So Sad! My condolences!

But I will take this opportunity to express the need for new Porsche owners, and Z MAN will back me on this issue and that is to "learn to drive the car stock before modifiying!"

This is a good example not that he modified the car but that he drove the car beyond his skill.

Sorry to use this loss as a example for others but perhaps we can save a couple of cars and the drivers! Please people sign up for Drivers Ed and learn the ways to control your car before all else.

Take care D! Please do not take this as a slam. Now how much for the engine? Hang in there guy! Sman
Old 02-11-2004, 02:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

What size are the Fuch's, are they still straight?

1994 Grand Cherokee
6inch Lift, 33" TSL'S
Old 02-11-2004, 04:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Sorry...stuff happens faster than you think on a wet road.

You mentioned Fuch's...I need some for the race car. please email - jrmock@att.net.

I'll air them out on the track for you.

Thanks
John
Old 02-11-2004, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
Ouch. Seems these damn things have been crashing like crazy lately. I'm starting to be afraid to drive mine =)

Anyways, good thing you're alright. Cars can be replaced, limbs cannot. But at the same time, if you don't like messing around with an older car, you would probably be alright with a toyota 4x4. Just don't do any drifting in it =P

Buy my parts!
Old 02-11-2004, 04:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Anybody know if those shocks will fit an S2???
LSD
2002 Yamaha FZ1

Last edited by TorqueTube; 02-11-2004 at 09:15 AM..
Old 02-11-2004, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Non Compos Mentis

Sorry to hear this. If you were closer to Seattle, I would consider buying the entire car to help you out.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that DS...Hate to see another one go down.

Not super surprised though...

DO NOT get a sport bike next! I would kinda like to see you around again. ;-)

PS. Put a roll bar in the toyota.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

lol, i actually enjoy the humor guys. i've yet to get real upset over it yet, because what does getting upset solve?

i'm excited about a "new" car.

is 250 for the engine reasonable? i don't know how to ship it...

300 for all 4 fuchs? (the finish is terrible, i began to polish and never finished)

how much for the dash and center console? $30?

50 a pair for the boge. (front shocks are questionable, but they may be good. and i don't know if i want to work that hard to get the front off...)

first one to make a claim on something is theirs. (pm or post)

people who know, tell me what is a reasonable price because i have no idea.

i don't want to get greedy, and i want to help out my fellow brethren.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

also, how difficult is it to remove the engine without the necessary tools (i.e. engine lift)? i don't know if i even want to get into doing that... although, for components (starter motor, alternator, water pump) i would be much more willing to remove
Old 02-11-2004, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
Porsche has a remanufactured parts program & they say in the brochure that they pay $ for cores. 944s are part of that program.

I would like the passenger side door, let me know how much you want and the shipping cost.

Please drive a little more carefully. I had to wait 37 years to get a Porsche, I hate to see them go boom.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
man that sucks... if you want a car that "looks" like a 944 get a second gen rx7 hehe

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
'Yotas are good trucks. I've got a Nissan Frontier 4x4 supercharged now, but had a Tacoma before the Fronty. There's a lot more aftermarket out there for Toyota, but the Yotas cost more up front (better resale). You might consider a bumper car instead.
LSD
2002 Yamaha FZ1
Old 02-11-2004, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Wink

You'll be back sooner than you think
Old 02-11-2004, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

ds, I hate to hear it, man that sucks! It was pouring buckets while a guy at a salvage yard was pulling a few parts for me. I was looking forward to having a fresh air/heater fan switch, and the wiper/washer switch (column) they were really weathered bad, so I didn't buy. I'd be really interested in others parts you can grab, like the clock, other interior peices, maybe even suspension stuff. Drop me an email as to how to get in touch with you. mattdavis11@hotmail.com or rik@westcapitol.com Sorry to hear about the 944, but I am glad you are ok. Time for a 951, ds! Ps. don't let Austin Vee dub have it.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Just thinking out loud

ds, also if you need help to get it where ever, let me know.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
ds, sorry about the crash. It sounds like a fairly stupid way to lose a car, but if you aren't upset about it, I guess it's no big deal. Just glad no-one got hurt.

What color is your interior? if it's brown i would be interested in several interior pieces.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 02-11-2004, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: