Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post Why not Weber Carbs on my '78 924

I reciently purchaced my 924 with great expectations in mind of inproving the hp. After reading many FAQ's and viewing many web sites I'm getting discouraged. 125hp is not bad for the weight (If you don't mind being beat off the line by a 2.0 neon or integra). After doing local reserch several shops would love to build me a great aspired performer $5000can.+, maybe but I want to do it my self. NOPI has a Weber has a dual 40mm intake/carb kit for $1200us, is it worth it? What problems may I run into?
P.S. The car is worth spending some money on it... Beauitiful body, nice rims&rubber, new 5sp, immaculate interior etc.
Thanks guys
Jess

Old 10-11-2001, 10:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

here's what I've been told about webbers. They do increase the hp quite a bit but they don't allow the car to run smoothly at lower rpms.
Old 10-12-2001, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Don't know about the side draft Webers, but on my 914, even cammed up, & ported, the down draft Weber IDAs did idle smooth.

The stock cams have real small duration for the CIS so you could probably cam it up a little, too.

drew1
Old 10-12-2001, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

The best thing would be to EFI it. We do not presently have a kit to fit it as of yet, but a MAP sensor type injection system and as large a Throttle body as you can fit to the manifold will give you the control to tune the max HP for any engine mod you chose to do. Idealy EFI and the weber type throttle bodies would be great! Turbo would be killer, and a serious street terror!!

Kevin
PCM Injection

Old 10-12-2001, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: