Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Got Rice?

So, I wonder how many of us (used collectively) purist Porsche owners have a little rice lurking in the shadows?........
This is my closet ricer...

And a whole bunch of German scrap metal shaped like 924's.

Old enough to know better, and stupid enough to do it anyway!
Old 02-22-2004, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

How is this rice?
Old 02-22-2004, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rice? ..........maybe saki, but not rice........in 19990 i had a 1990 eagle talon.......stock.....not rice.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Zlatko
How is this rice?

Well, someone said all Jap imports are "rice". However I kinda like the DSM's......and it does have a fart can..

Old 02-22-2004, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Deplorable Member

Garage
Nah, that isn't that bad. . .

Now lower it about 3", put lots of neon on it and an outlet pipe at least 3 times the diameter of that one - plus a "fake" carbon fiber hood and a wing twice the size of the car on the back, that's rice!

Black Cars Matter
Old 02-22-2004, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
Quote:
Originally posted by Porsche-O-Phile
Now lower it about 3"
How is slamming a car rice? It lowers the center of gravity therefore actually making it handle better (how much better is probably fairly minimal)
Old 02-22-2004, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Damn Wolf! Do you own a trailer park and a handful of vehicles with no place to put them then the trailer park?

Maine 4x4 Club www.maine4x4.org
Old 02-22-2004, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TNT25169
My good friend has a second gen TSI that can rip the **** out of most cars in our auto-x region. It's his second season and he is winning his class consistantly with guys who have been racing 10+ years. It's an extremely impressive car. Makes me want a 944 turbo...
Old 02-22-2004, 06:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Sabyre
Damn Wolf! Do you own a trailer park and a handful of vehicles with no place to put them then the trailer park?
Well no, thats at work. The trailer park is next to the shop. But lookin at the pic....dam I got alot of junk!!!

Lets see....the red truck is mine, and the 931, and the two 924's and the Explorer.

Maybe I need to do some spring cleaning...

Old 02-22-2004, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to lousailor Send a message via Yahoo to lousailor
Gearhead,
Slamming a car for looks does is usually detrimental to handling, especially the way many ricers do it. When a guy with an Acura, lowers it to 1" off the deck, with tiny low-profile tires on 14" spokes that protrude 4" beyond the lip of his fenders, with chrome mud flaps pop-rivetted at a 45 deg angle, and the whole contration bounces at least 4 times over every bump in the road....Now thats RICE.

'85 (Early) 944 - Beater
'87 924S - Crunch/Rebuild
'76 924 - Long Gone
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti
Old 02-22-2004, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by lousailor
Gearhead,
Slamming a car for looks does is usually detrimental to handling, especially the way many ricers do it. When a guy with an Acura, lowers it to 1" off the deck, with tiny low-profile tires on 14" spokes that protrude 4" beyond the lip of his fenders, with chrome mud flaps pop-rivetted at a 45 deg angle, and the whole contration bounces at least 4 times over every bump in the road....Now thats RICE.

YEP, and I figured out why the kids think they are so fast...........at about 50 mph, with stuff a rattlin and bangin, and no suspension, dartin and divin all over the road they feel like your goin 150mph....

Old 02-22-2004, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
A car that is properly lowered is just fine. If you're going to slam a car and run a high spring rate you NEED to do it right, as in coilovers (not a strut spring combo), this allows the car to not bounce around the road like a bouncy ball (due to the proper dampening for the spring rate). Adjustable linkage is also something food to have (that way you can do it w/o screwing up your geometry). As for flares and wheels, the flare allows you to run a wider wheels (assuming you use a low enough offset to utalize it) which allows you to run a wider tire, thus meaning the car will be able to stick better. Not to mention a car looks mean w/ flared fenders/quarter panels. Riveted flares are cool too, it's just screaming track slut.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
track slut......hehe
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 02-22-2004, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to lousailor Send a message via Yahoo to lousailor
Ok lets have a vote...Is this Rice? Yes or No?

I'm thinking it shows that just because you can doesn't mean you should.

'85 (Early) 944 - Beater
'87 924S - Crunch/Rebuild
'76 924 - Long Gone
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti
Old 02-22-2004, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TNT25169
wow, that's pretty bad, the only purpose for a crx is to be stripped/built and on a track. They shouldn't be allowed on roads.....ever
Old 02-22-2004, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

I had an 84 CRX. Popular mechanics voted best gas mileage. Not a bad car.

Maine 4x4 Club www.maine4x4.org
Old 02-23-2004, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: