Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Bypassing Heater Control Valve

I looked at my heater control valve today and saw that it was leaking but from where? who knows...i took it out, cleaned it, tested it with air pressure, one of my friends tells me its bad...so:

I took it out and replaced it with a small copper tube, tightened the clamps and voila no more valve...i still however hooked up the heater control valve to the vacuum inlet and just left it there in the car, is this ok to do? Can I just bypass the heater control valve or will I have all this heat blowing through now, in the middle of friggin summer. I tested it and it seems to be ok no more leaks and then I tried turning the heat on but I only felt cold air coming through, and no my A/C does not work, theres no gas in the system.

Old 07-15-2004, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You will eventually get really hot. You must not have let it run long enough to heat the water up. The heater control valve is what it's name says. You might want to take a look at just capping it off. What gave your friend the impression that it was bad. If you are not getting hot in the vents, it is holding the water back. You are smart to get rid of the leak though. When they leak at the valve, it can get into the bell housing and play bad things on the clutch. I have a couple of good used ones from the parts cars. 20.00 and I'll cover the shipping.
Drop me a line if you like
toddandcharity@peoplepc.com

I have tons of spare parts, let me know what you need.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: