Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

How did YOU fix your electrical problem

Seeing as SO many of us encounter electrical problems of ALL sorts and after reading many of the threads, very few actully list the "fix".

BESIDES cleaning the grounds, please post what you did to FIX the problem.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to bryanthompson Send a message via AIM to bryanthompson Send a message via Yahoo to bryanthompson
the driver's side switch for the passenger window was somehow causing my battery to drain... so i disconnected the switch. Someday i'll figure out what the real problem was.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
The power windows in the 944's turn off with the ignition key. If they don't then the relay has failed or they have been rewired. Could be the ignition switch but you would have other problems too.

Which takes me to my point: Many 944's have gone under the knife of the PO when simple to fix electrical problems occur. This tends to take a simple repair into the realm of next to impossible.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 07-16-2004, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Drivers door speaker quit. Discovered that the insulation had cracked in the concertina and that one wire had sheared at a crack.

Fixed by splicing in a new length of wire.

I was looking for the cause of my mirror motors not working but those wires appeared to be intact.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Fix to electrical probs:

New battery and replacing with new OEM wiring harnesses

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 07-16-2004, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

before you by an alternator/regulator when the batt dies, make sure the alternator lite comes on when you turn on the key.

"may the force be with you"
Old 07-16-2004, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
entertaining the idea

Garage
Replaced motor for windshield washer a few weeks ago. Just finished putting in new check valves. You don't realize how often you need the windshield washers until they no longer work...lol

a well set-up 1983 Guards Red 944
Old 07-16-2004, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
on 2 of my past cars i havent had them where they workedone day one of my friends asked, hey your windshield is dirty didnt you just put new washer on? i had completely forgetten about them.

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel Haslock
Drivers door speaker quit. Discovered that the insulation had cracked in the concertina and that one wire had sheared at a crack.

Fixed by splicing in a new length of wire.

I was looking for the cause of my mirror motors not working but those wires appeared to be intact.
Did you ever find out why the mirrors didn't work?
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 07-16-2004, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: