Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Unhappy Help, I got the R-12, but where does it GO!!!

I have a 1987 944. The AC went out a few years ago (had a very slow leak, and the stupid mechanic I took it to drained the rest out before I left to make sure I would be back:-( and I finally decided to refill it.

Where is the low side fill on a 944?????
Old 07-16-2004, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

the low side fitting is on top of the compressor where the lines are mounted on the compessor. Just in front of the left side motor mount arm. The high side fitting is located at the left front shock tower, the line that runs between the condensor and drier.
1987 944S- GT3 BODY CONVErSION RED/BLACK( sold )
2003 MERCEDES E500 Sport "Einfarbig"
Old 07-16-2004, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The low side fill is on top of the compressor. Rather difficult to get at, it's very close to the left-hand frame rail. I've found it's easiest to access from the underside. Remove the belly pan (if your car has one) You might need to adjust the compressor belt tension a little bit one way or the other to get the valve into a location accessable with a charging hose, and you might have to bend the metal end of the charging hose a little.

If the system is competely empty, you'll need a vacuum pump to remove all the air & moisture. Keep the pump on there for several hours. If it's still got some refrigerant in there, you're ok just filling it with R-12 and oil. Don't forget the oil!

'92 968
'01 VW Jetta TDi
Old 07-16-2004, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: