Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

custom anti theft device Question

i had a small brainstorm about anti starting theft device. after properly fixing a leaking hose i had bumped the speed and refference sensors enough to where the car wouldnt start but yet just turn over. (FWIW i got it running)

Hmmm i thought what a good anti theft system. if only there was a way to wire in a toggle switch that controls the speed and refference sensors to be ON or OFF from a hidden spot from inside the car.

So here is my Question(s) for all you electrical guros out there.

Could the speed and refference sensors be tapped into, allowing a toggle switch to interupt the path to make it seem like they are disconected (kinda like a kill switch). or would this just complicate everything?

BTW im just curious, havnt gotten out the wire cutters yet to try it

cant spell forgive my "hukt on Fonix" it workt gud four mi

in the process of buying a car and a half garage with a detached house and fenced in yard
03 Eclipse GS
Old 08-16-2004, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
I have a great security system. It's a post-it note on my window that says "if you can read this, I can shoot you." Works great.

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-16-2004, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
something similar

there is something similar out there but it works with the fuel pump relay. i cant remember the name but it replaces the stock fuel pump relay, if there isnt a relay theu have harnesses that plug into the fuel pump fuse at the fuse block. what happens is that you carry a little thing on your keychain that is programmed with a certain code so when you are near your car it makes it where the fuel relay or pump is not effected, but if that isnt the case the car cranks but doesnt get any fuel. there is also a master keypad/keychain that you can punch a code into to start the car. only dealers and installers are supposed to have the keypad (i used to be one so i have a pad with numbers:-) .

when i installed them they worked great. i even put one on my civic so even if you had the key it wouldnt start unless i put my code in with my keypad. i eventually took it out cause i got tired of pussing buttons to start my car.... i wasnt lucky enough to get my hands on a few of the keychains that you could program:-(

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: