Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to bryanthompson Send a message via AIM to bryanthompson Send a message via Yahoo to bryanthompson
Cool oxygen sensor replacement -- waaaay easier than I thought.

For some reason replacing my oxygen sensor seemed like a major undertaking before I just did it. it's rediculously simple, and I feel like a chump for making a big deal out of it.

Anyway, using FR Wilk's page (http://frwilk.com/early944/misc/oxygen.htm), I called NAPA, ordered a replacement sensor ($28 -- Bosch part #11027), and threw it in there. Previously it my three-wire sensor was replaced with this one-wire. From what I've read the two extra wires 'heat' the sensor to operating temp. quicker than your exhaust will.

Aaaanyway, with the new sensor my idle is steady at just under 1000 rpms, no crazy drops, studders, oil pressure weirdnesses, and it feels much much better. I'm anxious to see how my mileage will change.

So, Thanks FR Wilk for the info
Old 08-19-2004, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I'm about to pick up a new o2 sensor and change mine this weekend - what size wrench is needed? I ask because i need to borrow the wrench from work as i only have up to 19mm at home.

cheers

Lowered, adjustable KONI shocks, APE chip, K&N panel filter, Strut tower brace, Blue Fuchs (+ anything else i've not discovered yet!)
http://photos.yahoo.com/shineyblue944
Old 08-20-2004, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to bryanthompson Send a message via AIM to bryanthompson Send a message via Yahoo to bryanthompson
I think it was a 21mm, but it might have been a 19. I had an assortment down there, and just felt around until I found the right one. It was pretty large though. Compare the wrench to the new sensor before you get down there... i should've done that.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

22mm

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 08-20-2004, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks AFJ, that's bigger than the spanners i have, but I can borrow one from work.

Also, does anyone know whether the autothority chip (84 n/a) ignores the o2 sensor, like Wilks chip? I guess it does not since i did pass the Ca smog test with the APE chip in. I'm just trying to get a few more mpg, although with a broken odometer i don't really know what i'm getting now, just doesn't seem like many!

cheers

Lowered, adjustable KONI shocks, APE chip, K&N panel filter, Strut tower brace, Blue Fuchs (+ anything else i've not discovered yet!)
http://photos.yahoo.com/shineyblue944
Old 08-20-2004, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: