Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Problem: If the wiress on the o2 are not there....

The o2 sensor on my early '85 944 has broken off will this prevent the car from starting???? I have not started the car in years and I wanted to know if this could be the reason the car was not starting.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

No

Well, I am pretty sure no

If the DME isn't getting a reading or gets a messed up one from the O2 I think it just over-rides and runs a little rich...decreased gas milage is about it.

What are the symptoms of the no start? Cranks?

Let us know and we can help you out.

Not to harp on it but let me be the first to say...If the belts are questionable at all change them before you get going. Dryrot / age may not cause it to snap but it can shear off the teeth. I know from experience.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The car is make a hard cranking sound, the starter seems to be turning the car only briefly. Also, the fuel pump does not seem to be going on when I turn the key. Could a lack of lubrication in the cylinders be making it harder to turn (cause by sitting)?
Old 08-27-2004, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: