Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Red face Rattleing Noise

My 951 started to have a rattleing noise coming from under the car when i'm cruising. It lessens when I let off the gas.
Pushing in on the clutch dose'nt effect it. I'm thinking the Cat converter my have come apart inside. What do ya'll think.
87 944 na
66 Skylark ( in parts )
750 Honda Chopper (8 ' Looong)
800 Vulcan
02 Grand Prix GTP ( Wifes Car) also Fast as Hell
Old 09-02-2004, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Macfreak007
the cat sounds like clanking metal when moving if that is what the problem is... COuld be many different things, trace the entire exhaust system back to find all of the heat shields and make sure they are in good shape and tight. This can have a serious effect on the noises you may hear. Then after all of that you might want to get under the car while someone else revs it up to see what you can hear. How many miles on the car?
Old 09-02-2004, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The odometer says 110000 but is naturaly broke, probly 150000. I was planning on knocking the guts out of the converter anyway. I dose sound like a sheild vibrating but I checkd them and they seem fine. I also just changed oil in the trans and no metal shavings. What dose the touque tube bearings sound like when they go bad.
87 944 na
66 Skylark ( in parts )
750 Honda Chopper (8 ' Looong)
800 Vulcan
02 Grand Prix GTP ( Wifes Car) also Fast as Hell
Old 09-03-2004, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I had a nasty sounding knocking noise from under the car, it sounded like the loose exhaust banging against the car... I tried for weeks to find it... I deliberatly drive over bumps in neutal, fast, slow, etc to hear it and try diagnose it.... it had me worried.... Then while cleaning the side cubbies.. I noticed the spare wheel bolt had vibrated loose enough to allow the spare wheel to knock against the side.

Big smiles.....
Stone Grey
Aero Mirrors
Full engine rebuild July 2007
Old 09-03-2004, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: