Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Squeaky noise from everywhere

I know my car is about 17 years old. I am hearing squeaky noise from everywhere. I guess a can of WD-40 is working like an Advill on my 944 most of time.

I sprayed WD-40 at the back hatch hook and it seems like removed some squeaky noise from the backside. Now I hear some from my doors. I wish I can drop my car in the bath tub and shower him with WD-40... What is the best way to remove this squeaky noise?

Old 09-29-2004, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Cars & Coffee Killer

As I new owner, I will defer to the more experienced. However, on previous vehicles, I have used white lithium grease on door and trunk hinges as WD-40 is going to be rubbed from the point of friction within a few days.

"There is freedom in risk, just as there is oppression in security."
Old 09-29-2004, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
Yep, I use lithium grease on pretty much all moving parts. It's much thicker, and seems to stay in place a lot better. However, if it's in a high-dust area, like seat rails, then I use graphite, because it's a dry lubricant. WD-40 is pretty much un-used in my garage.

Buy my parts!
Old 09-29-2004, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thank you, legion and Zero10. Could you please tell me where is the best place to buy Lithium grease and graphite? I plan to stop by the local pepboys this afternoon.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
They would have it. Spray lithium is the easiest to use, use it pretty much just like WD-40. Spray graphite as well. Just remember, with the graphite, is is BLACK, and does rub off. Do not over-apply, or you will have nice black spots on the carpet.

WD-40 still has it's place, on pontiac's and subaru's, just not on my baby.

Buy my parts!
Old 09-29-2004, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: