Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
Used Engine

Yep. I got one. $1000 in L.A. very clean. Got it at my little gold mine I found in on Glen Oaks Blvd. More wrecked 944's and 951's than you can shake a stick at. It doesn't even look like the oil pan gasket started leaking. I'm gonna change it anyway. Did the comp. check. Guess which cyl was dead? Yup.

So, anyway, I've got a motor to change in my '86, and no place to do it at. I'm on the tail of finding places to do the swap.

Anyone have any 411 on a place that rents space to do automotive work in the Fresno area?

Anyway, I got a new digital camera to document the swap. I'll make a site with the pics...right after I finish the site dedicated to the '84 swap.

Do you think I should refurbish the turbo bearings/gaskets/whatever else those guys have in them?

'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
Now to print out the "turbo" suplement from the fact. man. disc. Thank you So Cal!
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 03-20-2005, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Well if the history of that bottom end is in question........ and you are gonna pull the oil pan to change the gasket....... the rod bearings would be worth the swap.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 03-20-2005, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Well, if you've go the oil-pan off, might as well just yank the girdle and rebuild the entire thing. Only 5 more minutes and you have access to the main-bearings and then you can pull out the pistons and replace teh rings...
Old 03-21-2005, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
socal?

where do i go to print that up for mr todwic since he forgot

and i cant get my old pet cds etc to read nor can i find the ones you gave him that had repair info

any chance i can get a copy somehow? i need to learn how to take some care of poor lil jezzy i just got my drivers license and she is in my name now i have so many things to learn first time i drove her i busted off the rear view mirror ..............i have window switch holes with wiring hanging out (i did manage to fix one switchs lil rocker contact thingys inside todd had smooshed almost flat inside)

i need pwer steering belt installed i bought new one in december i think still isnt fixed he was gonna do it today til it rained i swear i am gonna figure it out myself and do it

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh feels good to vent
Old 03-23-2005, 01:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Send me a PM with your address and phone number.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 03-23-2005, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Done! and i sure thank you you porsche 944 Men are all good guys

todd sure misses los angeles and you all being able to stop by with just a phone call as soon as we can we are goin back

Old 03-24-2005, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
He is going to start on engine today............................................. ...........*takes deep breath*

everyone plz cross your fingers toes eyes that things go accordingly, I have been dreading this ......lol Todd is a very intelligent mech-ah-nik until until he comes to a stubborn bolt then snap he breaks the bolt off or most often slams his knuckles poor guy
Old 04-30-2005, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I can't stand the suspense !

Early '85 944
Old 04-30-2005, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
well...................he did have fun yesterday, but it wasnt doin his engine

lol apparently guy with garage and such had too much to do yesterday.....
and Mr Wic went on a supposed "spur of the moment" (spur of the moment my butt i heard him planin since thrus......lol shhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
Emergency help a guy out repair since the guy didnt have a torque wrench and Mr Wic did, the freind came by and got Mr Wic.
They almost forgot their "excuse" aka the wrench even

LOL then to make it even funnier tried to tell moi that they had to go "test" drive car, yet he never could tell me what they installed or repaired
apparently now pubs and bars are concidered appropriate test areas I know his elbow is working great LOL its now 330 am and im doing laudry and hammering some pictures up and such you know good loud thumpy things

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH feels so good to vent thank you for your sympathy (all for the toddler ill bet) I now get to fret yet another day. Also by the by JUUUUUUUUVVVVVVVVVVVYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY if you stil wubs your toddy woddy could you email or PM he or I with your phone number lol I promise I wont let him call without lookin at clock again Ill never forget that you are good people as r others here you know who u r
Old 05-01-2005, 02:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
yes, we know who weez iz!!
Old 05-03-2005, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: