Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered Loser

Question 3rd try - Need help with unusual heat problem

Looks like a technical glitch nuked my last two threads. So I'm trying again. I have a 1987 944 N/A. And the heat has stopped working. So I searched the Pelican forums and learned about the sticky valve at the back of the engine near the firewall. But when I checked the valve, it was working just fine and the hose going into the firewall was hot. However, I still have no heat. So somewhere between the firewall and my vents, there is a malfunction. Any ideas?

Old 10-30-2005, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

sounds like the lever or cable that opens the heater core is missing/off/loose.

"COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever
Old 10-30-2005, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to FLA944 Send a message via Yahoo to FLA944
Coolant entering the heater core comes from the valve, then the hose, then core. Is the return hose hot? Probably not. If not the core is possibly clogged.

Do the front,defroster,and floor vents work? Can you switch between all? If not the cable from the heater control is not working. check all connections at the heater control switch.

If determind the core is clogged:

To try to unclog. pick up a flush kit (prestone super flush) the kit comes with an adapter that installs in your hose line (input side that has the valve) so you can attach a garden hose and also the
supplied cleaner and instructions. Once cleaned flush the system with distilled water and then drain and fill with 50/50 coolant and distilled water.

Rick
has never left garage (yet)
Old 10-30-2005, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

what rick said.

"COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever
Old 10-30-2005, 11:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: