Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Burn the fire.

Garage
Electrical issues redux...

Let us revisit this.

In attempt of diagnosing my no-start, hard-running problem a few weeks ago, I ran unswitched hot to ground on my DME relay connection. I smoked the ground wire but everything still works.

Got my first taste of electrical probs yesterday morning. Up around 5k rpms the tach was bouncing, shift light was blinking on and off. Also, my coolant temp guage now reads all the way up to the red. Funny part is, when I turn off the car for a sec, and just switch it all the way back to the normal running-state/on position (car isn't running) the guage for temp sits right at normal operating position (1st mark).

My question is, what on the instrument panel is DME controlled? This way I'll know what is supposed to be working normally when I finally re-run that ground wire.

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 02-12-2006, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
You don't seem to have much luck with electrical. I bet you burn up all of the wiring before you get close to fixing it.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 02-12-2006, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Razorback1980
LOL ....that was too funny! But I'm right with you Brando....except I tend to burn up the whole car and not just the wiring before I get them fixed. Frustrating...way too frustrating. I have a cousin that is an electrician...he gets all my electrical problems if I can't figure them out from the help here on the forum. Maybe you should look into a new wiring harness! Shall I start trying to find you one?

1990 944S2 Cabriolet
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2003 Maroon Ford F350 dually
Old 02-12-2006, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Nah... looking at all 50-dozen wires going into the fuse-panel loom... I'll just drive it and do oil changes/coolant changes and stuff until I've saved the cash for a cherry body to transfer my engine and trans into. OR just save for a cherry 944 altogether and put my wheels and turbo valence on it.

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 02-12-2006, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage

Dat's OK Man!!!
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 02-12-2006, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

"I ran unswitched hot to ground on my DME relay connection."

Can you say..........fried CRAP? Your gonna get WAY more electrical experience. Nahh........you'll bail out, just like many others, instead of FIGURING IT OUT PROPERLY. Come on man! You gonna bail out on that car already? MAKE it right! FIGURE IT OUT. FIX IT RIGHT!

Or........ya can just sell it to me now, and save us BOTH a lot more hassles!

Do the RESEARCH! STICK TO NORMAL DIAGNOSTIC CHECKS.

I like fellas like you. Thats one of the reasons I get my "parts cars" so cheap. After your done doing these creative tests, bypass wiring, and non documented type checks, YA give up, and won't go any further! (By doing so, ya generally make things MUCH WORSE!). I still shake my head a lot though, when I do the repairs to these kinds of cars.I

I CHALLENGE YOU! Fix it! Don't replace/transfer! Fix it! RIGHT!
YOU........can do it! IF..........you REALLY TRY!
Old 02-12-2006, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: