Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

o2 sensor disconnected.

I'm looking to see if I can get better fuel economy... 15L/100KM and best right now.

I disconnected the o2 sensor and it makes 0 difference, might even run better if anything.

Could my o2 sensor be sending signal to go to full rich? maybe wiring issue.

Let me know what you think... maybe the o2 sensor is never getting into the picture. what triggers the o2 sensor to start affecting the air/fuel mix? its warmed up and WOT throttle doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thank you,

Stephen
Old 05-24-2012, 01:34 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The 02 sensor is used up to 4k but not above that. You could try a decent genric 3 wire sensor to see if it makes any difference. If yours is in fact a 3 wire. You can pick them up for around 25 on ebay delivered. I unplugged mine on my 89 944 turbo for awhile because my sensor was bad and it did richen up my mixture when it was unplugged so I would use one.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:14 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

o2 sensor is only used in closed loop operation during cruising. when cold operation or at WOT, the o2 signal is ignored.

if the o2 sensor isn't there, dme would default to its fuel map and go to max closed loop fuel enrichment value. yea you'd suffer fuel economy if the o2 sensor isn't working.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:38 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: