Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

headlamp motor problem

I have searched your forums but can find nothing quite like this weird fault( its a 1990 s2)
It started out that the lights would pop down when turned off but lamps remained on
until ignition was off, so I suspected switch and removed it and .... lights still on !
so unplugged motor connector and relay and cleaned pins, then found fuse 16 blown
replaced it and when I plug motor back in both 2 and 16 blew
have had motor apart and looks perfect, cleaned it anyway, still blows fuses when motor reconnected with switch disconnected
so is motor shorting or have I missed something?
this is driving me mad any ideas anyone
cheers

Old 07-21-2013, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Check the wiring for the lights where they bend when the lights go up and down. The wires can get frayed there and short out. Did you replace the Headlight Switch as this switch can cause many problems even a fire?

Cheers,
Larry
Old 07-25-2013, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

thanks for reply grandad, I've now opened sections of wiring close to headlamps and also under dash where its bent tight and its all ok, however I have to confess the shorting out
was of my own making, now thats resolved but I still have original fault of lights being on
with pods down, switch removed but ignition on ( they go out with ignition off) I've looked on clarks garage wiring diagram and can't see how its possible
I've also changed relay, not that it should have caused it

Old 07-31-2013, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: