Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Another hose thread

I know this has been asked before but i just need to know the hoses under the intake. I cant find a specific hose diagram for an 88 2.5 NA. Im replacing my ICV and i dont want to get the hoses going from the J-boot back to what im assuming is an oil canister of some sort for the crankcase pressure wrong. Any help with those hoses would be greatly appreciated. They include the brake booster hoses and all that. Basically just the hoses you cant directly see looking from the top of the engine when its all put back together
Old 02-02-2018, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
The last I checked Pelican has the exact replacements for sale.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Someone on RL posted this recently, might be of help.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9FF View Post
Someone on RL posted this recently, might be of help.

The bad thing is, that looks nothing like the stuff i have on my cars. Like the venturis are completely different.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnolan View Post
The last I checked Pelican has the exact replacements for sale.
Thats not what i need. Im putting it all back together. I have replacement hose but i cant quite figure out where the hoses from the J-boot in particular go
Old 02-02-2018, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
The one thing not shown is the restrictor in the line between the j-boot and the venturi.

However the gray lines shown are as I remember it, however they run underneathtje jboot and intake, so the drawing is a little out of scale.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
The one thing not shown is the restrictor in the line between the j-boot and the venturi.

However the gray lines shown are as I remember it, however they run underneathtje jboot and intake, so the drawing is a little out of scale.
Exactly. I need to know everything for the 88 specifically that runs underneath the J-boot, where it goes to, etc.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemaster View Post
Exactly. I need to know everything for the 88 specifically that runs underneath the J-boot, where it goes to, etc.

I have the intake off of my 87 currently and am happy to help. Below is a recent hi-res pic. Let me know if you want specific pics or PM me for contact info to talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2018, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Revere View Post
I have the intake off of my 87 currently and am happy to help. Below is a recent hi-res pic. Let me know if you want specific pics or PM me for contact info to talk.

See where one of the hoses is connected to the J-boot and routes back to the “crankcase pressure cannister type thing”, it looks nothing like how mine was originally routed. That hose connected to the bottom of my intake manifold not the J-boot. If i cant get these hoses back where they are supposed to be i dont see this car running again
Old 02-02-2018, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
I recommend you locate one of the original PET manuals, therre are a couple of diagrams there that show everything you need to know.

As I said above the first diagram is pretty accurate, just that most of the white lines are under the intake and j-boot and not on top as shown.

1. The only thing the diagram is missing is the restrictor inside the line between the jboot and the venturi.
2. The ISV is much larger than shown in diagram, and the rear ICV line attaches to the bottom of the intake near the dipstick tube.
3. if the car isn't running it is most likely in the ICV or venturi lines.

Can you tell us why it is apart to begin with? There are a bunch of rubber parts you could replace while you are in there...

Last edited by djnolan; 02-03-2018 at 05:42 AM..
Old 02-03-2018, 05:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
See where one of the hoses is connected to the J-boot and routes back to the “crankcase pressure cannister type thing”, it looks nothing like how mine was originally routed. That hose connected to the bottom of my intake manifold not the J-boot. If i cant get these hoses back where they are supposed to be i dont see this car running again

My car is an early 87 model built in 11-86 so it still has the factory Venturi. I believe it was dropped from mid-87 models onward. You probably need someone without a factory Venturi to get you some pictures.

My intake manifold only has two vacuum connections. One hose to the Idle Stabilizer Valve (ISV) and one to the Venturi that branches to the brake booster and also branches back to the j-boot and ISV.

My Air Oil Separator (AOS, or what you call the “crankcase pressure canister thing”) vents to the j-boot just before the throttle body.

Perhaps someone with some pics from a late-87 or 88 can chime in.

Old 02-03-2018, 05:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/porscheservice/serviceandorgininalparts/originalparts/
drop down menu, 944, 1985-1988

page 107 (ICV stuff)
page 76 (AOS "oil canister hose")
Old 02-03-2018, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2rocket_aka944 View Post
https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/porscheservice/serviceandorgininalparts/originalparts/
drop down menu, 944, 1985-1988

page 107 (ICV stuff)
page 76 (AOS "oil canister hose")
Number 20 on page 76. Thats a three way connection in my car. Not a two. I cant find the venturi anywhere. What else would be in line with that connection?
Old 02-03-2018, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
I recommend you locate one of the original PET manuals, therre are a couple of diagrams there that show everything you need to know.

As I said above the first diagram is pretty accurate, just that most of the white lines are under the intake and j-boot and not on top as shown.

1. The only thing the diagram is missing is the restrictor inside the line between the jboot and the venturi.
2. The ISV is much larger than shown in diagram, and the rear ICV line attaches to the bottom of the intake near the dipstick tube.
3. if the car isn't running it is most likely in the ICV or venturi lines.

Can you tell us why it is apart to begin with? There are a bunch of rubber parts you could replace while you are in there...
The venturi was taken off and bypassed sometime in the cars past. Is there a way this happens? The brake booster line. Or what looks like one anyways was attached directly to the bottom of the intake near the J-boot. There wasnt a venturi in line with it. Does an ICV line run from under the J-boot as well? The car is apart for an ICV replacement and hoses are being replaced if they are in bad shape.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
On a stock car,
1. an ISV line runs from under the J-boot (three way metal connector) to the front of the ISV.

2. a second ISV line runs from the back of the ISV to a nipple on the bottom of the intake near the dipstick. (if not hooked up car wont idle)

3. another line runs from the 3-way metal connector (under the J-boot) to the venturi and there is a small restrictor in line (about the size of a stack of dimes with a hole drilled down the middle)

So if the venturi has been taken out, then the three way connector at the j-boot needs to be plugged or changed to a 2-way.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-03-2018, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
On a stock car,
1. an ISV line runs from under the J-boot (three way metal connector) to the front of the ISV.

2. a second ISV line runs from the back of the ISV to a nipple on the bottom of the intake near the dipstick. (if not hooked up car wont idle)

3. another line runs from the 3-way metal connector (under the J-boot) to the venturi and there is a small restrictor in line (about the size of a stack of dimes with a hole drilled down the middle)

So if the venturi has been taken out, then the three way connector at the j-boot needs to be plugged or changed to a 2-way.

Hope this helps!
Yes thank you! Thats exactly what happened! It was plugged with a hose! So everything else should hopefully be pretty straight forward! Thanks
Old 02-03-2018, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Intake is on with new gaskets and fuel rail is going on later tonight. 35 degrees outside but we’re still gonna keep going. Will let you know if the engine runs and idles with no leaks or if we have a really bad fire in the engine bay. Hopefully this will be the last of my problems for at least a week
Old 02-03-2018, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
..........”Hopefully this will be the last of my problems for at least a week”.......
I think You’ve found a new motto for every 944 owner
Old 02-03-2018, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
She runs. She idles. Albiet its rough idle and its all over the place. But at least i dont have to hold my foot on the gas pedal anymore. But even after getting a new injector i still have a leak on number 4
Old 02-03-2018, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: