Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Great info on the Sun Roof repair which I did last November whilst I had it in pieces I also replaced the sunroof inner lining as it was torn and used Super Glue to make sure the corners do not curl up again.
I have just encounted the battery flattening curse after I parked the car up over xmas and now after charging the battery I cannot get the motor to start turns over but no firing of cylinders does any one have a checklist to follow abnd track down the reason for dead motor. Could this be due to Battery about to die as its been flattened right down twicw in the past three months?
I am going to get a new battery to give me a good power source before I try to fire the motor again. any assistance would be appreciated . relays to test fuses to test and replace and a checklist to follow to cut out wasted effort and more flat batteries.
Ron
Old 02-20-2015, 01:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)
hitman3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandenham View Post
benshabbat@gmail.com thank u
Issue/Problem - Cracked, dirty and faded leather seats.

Solution/Fix - Re-dye the seats (this example uses Leatherique products

Here is the starting point.

Step 1 - wet sand the leather using the Prepping Agent from Leatherique. The Prepping Agent softens the dye on the leather making it sand off quite easily. I used 400 grit wet sandpaper. Here is how it looked after sanding.

Step 2 - fill the cracks with the Crack Filler product from Leatherique. This is a white paste that goes into the cracks. I applied a couple of coats in the large cracks. Here is what it looked like after applying the Crack Filler before the second sanding.

Step 3 - second sanding. I actually sanded, applied additional Crack Filler and sanded several times. I also ended up poking a needle into all the holes in the leather as the crack filler filled them in. Here is the result ready for dyeing.

Step 4 - apply the dye. I tried using a brush on a sample piece but found it took three coats and used a lot of dye. I ended up using a pencil sprayer with my compressor to spray on the dye. For the most part, only two coats were needed. I bought "Cork" colored dye as that is the original color for my car. The seats had been replaced some time ago and were "Champagne". Here is the final dyed result.

The final result:
Hi can you tell me were I can buy the cork dye ? My email is benshabbat@gmail.com thanx
Old 03-12-2016, 12:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #122 (permalink)

pop up lights not going up or down for early 928's

If all other tests for relays, fuses, and light switch have been performed and headlamps still don't go up or down or both, then I would recommend removal of headlamp motor by removing (3) 10MM bolts and (1) 10mm nut just left of driver's side headlight under hood. Prior to removal, take photo of (4) terminals to headlamp motor. Once removed from car, carefully peel back rubber boot from motor. It will most likely reveal (2) diodes which are faulty. Buy new diodes from radio shack. Unsolder old ones and note location of white band on old diodes and resolder new ones in same direction and location.

P.S. make sure to hold the headlamp from crashing down to it's sockets prior to removal of 10 mm nut from headlight motor shaft.

Also prior to reinstalling, test by grounding the headlight motor housing, reconnect (4) wire terminals to headlight motor housing in correct order, and turn ignition switch to on( don't start car), then turn on headlight switch. You should hear and or see motor shaft spinning and stop. Now switch ignition off, remove terminals from battery. Reinstall headlight motor. This takes some practice.
I hope I helped some people, cause it worked for me.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #123 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: