Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Jacking points 1984 928 S2

Hi All,

I've just ordered a trolley jack and a set of four stands.

I'm wondering the best places people use for the trolley jack and stands.

I've seen a 928 lift bar and im getting annoyed that we just dont get such items readily available in the U.K or EU. I do travel a lot to Germany and a few other EU countries so even have the option of collecting depending upon where from, but what use is this if they are so hard to find. I'm thinking of applying to the U.K government to have the UK moved closer to the USA!!!!
The lift bar is really nice but doesn't seem to be an option for me and i dont have unlimited funds for my car i'm afraid.

Thanks

Porsche 928 S2 4.7 Auto Euro Spec 1984 Grand Prix White with Red leather Interior. Original car, no Mods.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi fella, I use a trolley jack with a rubber jack pad on the original jacking points.. I've done this many times without any deformation of that area!! Once up in the air, there's a few substantial places to place stands... I tend to use the obvious load bearing points! I'm in the uk too, but have to found this site invaluable!!
Old 10-14-2017, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam928 View Post
Hi fella, I use a trolley jack with a rubber jack pad on the original jacking points.. I've done this many times without any deformation of that area!! Once up in the air, there's a few substantial places to place stands... I tend to use the obvious load bearing points! I'm in the uk too, but have to found this site invaluable!!
Hi adam928,

great, i will also use the usual jacking points then which i wanted to but thought i better ask here first. However is it possible for you to clarify the 'obvious' load bearing points as they are not as obvious to me!! Then i can use the jack stands without damaging the car or worrying i'm using the wrong places.
For some things i can just use 2 stands but i was thinking next time i change the oil i should jack it up and use 4 stands so the car is level when draining the oil or is this not really needed?
Shame we don't have the lift bars here, even though a little expensive they are so great, then easy to also use to place the stands.

thanks a lot for your info. i agree this forum is excellent

tiger928

Porsche 928 S2 4.7 Auto Euro Spec 1984 Grand Prix White with Red leather Interior. Original car, no Mods.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: