Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Rust under rear targa window

Hi,

I have a 1990 911 targa which I am the original owner of and would like to keep. However, it has four areas under the rear window which show rust bubbles that must go deeper than mere surface rust. The car is in great shape and I would be willing to get it fixed if that made the most sense long term (i.e. the value of the car would go down more than the cost of the repair). Otherwise I would be willing to live with it. Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks

Old 02-07-2019, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

It is cancer and left untreated will only get worse. Be extra careful with the seal for the glass as it is No loinger available!
Old 02-09-2019, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

How bad could it get in five years? If I was going to sell it then, should I bother to spend up to $5k to fix it now?
Old 02-10-2019, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

One thing for certain, its not going to get any better, especially with sea salt near

Oh yes, its not going to get cheaper to repair either
Old 02-10-2019, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: