Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question CR-1 radio security code questions

I'm installing a CR-1 radio in my 93 RSA and am having a problem with the security code. I assumed the code would be some combination of 1-6 corresponding to the radio preset buttons, but the code the dealer gave me is 3083. They said you push the first button 3 times, the second button zero (or 10?) times, the third button 8 times and the fourth button 3 times. I can't seem to get this to work and the manual is not very clear.

Can someone confirm this is the proper way to enter the security code? Also, I have the radio hanging out of the dash until I know it will work. There is a micro-switch on the top of the unit. Does this need to be depressed to allow the code to be entered?

Thanks
01 M3
Old 11-30-2003, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

sboggs,

Use only the preset buttons 1 thru 4, and don't enter anything for the zero. The radio must be turned on and the word code displayed on the digital dial where you will read the code input. If you get a blank screen, you have input a wrong code. I did this when I used the code from the my other car and I reset the radio back to "CODE" using the "CD" button.

Press #1 three times and the number 3 will appear.
Press #3 eight times and the number 8 will appear.
Press #4 three times and the number 3 will appear, and then shows the radio dial.

If this doesn't work, then the code is wrong. Without the code, you will need to send the radio into a repair station for a reset. Also, if someone before you has tried to enter the code with the wrong number to many times or procedure, it will lockup the radio and only the repair station can unlock it.

Good Luck and report back...

Drive Hard and Fast

1991 Carrera 2 Targa
1972 911T Coupe
1971 914
Old 12-26-2003, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I took the radio into a local shop and they were able to reset the code. For what ever reason, on this particular radio the code is entered using the input button to represent the number, i.e. first button = one, second button = two, etc. It makes me wonder if CR-1 radios were made both by Alpine and Blaupunt with different methods to enter security code? Regardless, I have reinstalled in my car and it works fine.

Thanks
Scott
01 M3
Old 12-26-2003, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I believe the CR-1 and the companion Six Pack CD Player (CDC-1) are both made by Alpine. I installed both in my 91 C2 after removing the stock Blaupunkt AM/FM/Cassette Player. I disassembled the two units to build an interface cable rather than buying one. It had "Alpine" writen all over the circuit boards.

Glad you got it fixed.

Tell me more on what the technician did to get it working.

Drive Hard and Fast

1991 Carrera 2 Targa
1972 911T Coupe
1971 914
Old 12-26-2003, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Does the dealer have codes for these radios?
Old 09-16-2010, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

OK... first off, if the installation is new or the battery has been disconnected, you need to reset the unit by inserting a pin or such into the reset hole on the left side of the faceplate for a sec or two. Then the word 'CODE' will appear in the display.

Once you have the word 'CODE' in the display, use the station preset buttons to enter the code. Bob's your uncle!

Cheers!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Resurrecting this thread as I have purchased a cr-1 radio from a Rennlist 964 owner and installing in a '91 S2. It's all wired up correctly hanging out of dash, it lights up but no CODE is displayed it says nothing and I have turned it on and let it sit on in car for hours trying the time out method as well as pushing am/fm and cd basically most buttons but doesn't want to show code so that I can enter anything.

The only reset type hole is on the back left side but doesn't push in looks like a small flathead will turn it in a specific direction?? I have the original manual which is very vague so any help with the exact reset procedure would be great as Google search comes up with lots of pelican and rennlist forums all explaining various inconclusive procedures?

Thanks guys
'83 944 ROW zermatt silver/black, sunroof & A/C factory deleted, houndstooth sport seats, 7Q - 220 LSD short fifth, F & R 23.3 MM 951 M030 suspension, 16" fuch's, manual windows, club sport mirrors, Blk/Wht gauges, rear seats & all sound deadening removed, 968 rear wing, fiberglass hood & 937 F bumper
Old 02-15-2015, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil bastard View Post
OK... first off, if the installation is new or the battery has been disconnected, you need to reset the unit by inserting a pin or such into the reset hole on the left side of the faceplate for a sec or two. Then the word 'CODE' will appear in the display.

Once you have the word 'CODE' in the display, use the station preset buttons to enter the code. Bob's your uncle!

Cheers!
I don't see any pinhole on the left side of the CR-1 faceplate. Nor pinholes on either side to remove my radio.

I entered in my code number using preset numbers 1-4, but the word 'code' disappeared. Yet it is the code that came with the car.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: