Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
DME Pin 40, 41, and 50 Operation, Help Please

This is my first post on pelican. I have an 89 964 and I am installing a megasquirt 3 engine management system. I am just on the final stages of getting all my accessories hooked up.

I am stuck on the AC system control through the DME. They are pins 40,41, and 50 on the 55 pin DME connector.

The only information I can find on these pins is they are all outputs and AC Compressor controls - The DME control unit receives inputs and sends output signals over terminals No. 40 (AC Compressor), No. 41 (AC Switch), and No. 50 (AC Heating System Regulation)

If anyone has any information on the
- operation of these pins
- If they are power or ground controlled
- What voltage are they
- Or any other information that will help me set up these pins in my Megasquirt engine management system
Old 05-07-2017, 09:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum! I've attached a link to our site's DIY tech articles on the 964 platform. There are several articles on the a/c system, take a look at them to see if they help you troubleshoot. If you need more details, please post a Comment just below the article and we'll have someone get back to you with specifics. Best of luck!

Porsche 964 and Porsche 993 Technical Articles Directory (1989-1998) | DIY Maintenance and Repair Projects for Porsche 911 model years 1989-1998 | Pelican Parts
Old 05-08-2017, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry at Pelican Parts View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum! I've attached a link to our site's DIY tech articles on the 964 platform. There are several articles on the a/c system, take a look at them to see if they help you troubleshoot. If you need more details, please post a Comment just below the article and we'll have someone get back to you with specifics. Best of luck!

Porsche 964 and Porsche 993 Technical Articles Directory (1989-1998) | DIY Maintenance and Repair Projects for Porsche 911 model years 1989-1998 | Pelican Parts

Hi thank you for the response. I had a look through the articles and was unable to find the information I was looking for. If there is anyone that could help that would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-08-2017, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I don't know too much about how the dme treats these, but have you followed them in the wiring diagrams? Do they terminate into the ccu? Many motronic cars use ac input to adjust the idle speed. I wouldn't expect the dme to do much more than that with these pins.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
964 , a/c troubleshooting , a/c wiring , dme , megasquirt