Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
993 Heater Control Valve slicone hoses..where to find at a decent price

I'm sure this has been discussed before, I'm just figuring out a way around this
issue and thought I'd post it. I don't think Pelican sells this part so it might be helpful since it isn't easy to get this here (if it is available please let me know...)

My 97 993C4S is up on jack stands for yearly maintenance and when removing the heater control valve, the silicone short hoses that connect to the heat exchangers looked pretty bad. Ripped under the c-clamp.
I checked the part number with my local dealer and you can only buy the tubing in
one long piece, 240.00. Seemed a bit high and that there should be a better way.
I'd like to know what others have done, this part gets really hot of course, they
won't last forever and I wanted to fix it while in there.
Here's what the parts look like.. #7 on this diagram. My dealer only showed a long section of silicone hose available

So, it's just silicone tubing, lots of people doing Turbo work these days, Amazon showed a 3 inch diameter, 3 inch long piece of much heavier duty silicone tubing
with hose clamps (massive) for 9.70. So I ordered up two and here's what they
look like compared to the factory part...

A bit too long but easily trimmed to the correct length. The fit is close, I ordered some new hose clamps from the dealer, all of mine were pretty worn from heat
and needed to be replaced anyway...
Here's the result

I think it will work, should handle the heat easily, color is close enough. I guess time will tell.

97 C4S
'04 330i
'08 Cayenne S
'07 4.8 X-5

Last edited by GIBSON; 08-26-2017 at 01:52 PM..
Old 08-25-2017, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: