Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Muffler choice: Fabspeed or RSR mod

Hi

rI'm looking to improve my car a little bit but want to keep the confort as it's a daily car.

I will buy the Fabspeed 200 Cell sport cat / it's validated

I hesitate for the muffler:
- Fabspeed muffler
- Original one with the RSR modification (internal so)

there is a big difference in term of noise / db ? (cabine noise)

or it's comparable ?

I found some videos ... but videos and reality is not the same

thanks for your help
Old 03-11-2018, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I have a 993 coop with the fabspeed cat delete and maxflow exhaust and a cab with regular catalytic exhaust with Fister 3 mufflers. I can only advise on those two. The fabspeed setup is my favorite sound. If you run straight pipes instead of the sport cats youíll smell like exhaust after checking your oil level though.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I have the Fabspeed RSR , been on the car for over ten years and still looks like new (yes I clean the muffler and polish it) It is very loud with two outlets, nice sound with just one. Some people complain of a drone with it but I havent had that issue.
Some folks here have also complained about fitment, mine bolted right up
I am also running the sport cat.
Old 03-11-2018, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Fabspeed cat delete and maxflo exhaust on a 964 Cab. The sound difference over stock is very subdued until you get on the gas. Then it sounds fantastic...aggressive but not overbearing. In a Cab I didn't want it too loud and it's not.

No gas or exhaust smell from the cat delete and that's with the top down more than not.

Toss on a Wong chip if you haven't already and it really perks up.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I’m running Fister Motorsports Stage 3 mufflers on my 95 993. It sounds great but exhaust sound is really a personal preference. I had RSR mufflers prior to the Fisters which in my opinion were a significant improvement. No regrets.

I have no experience with a cat delete setup so I will defer to the guys that can speak to that area.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRC715 View Post
Iím running Fister Motorsports Stage 3 mufflers on my 95 993. It sounds great but exhaust sound is really a personal preference. I had RSR mufflers prior to the Fisters which in my opinion were a significant improvement. No regrets.

I have no experience with a cat delete setup so I will defer to the guys that can speak to that area.
I have a 95 993 convertiable, rebuilt engine, Fabspeed st/steel all the mufflers.
Once i had run the car in, and the sound is deep and fun, engine sounds full of power, get the Fabspeed.
John
Old 03-25-2018, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to EMBPilot Send a message via Yahoo to EMBPilot
this is a daily driver yes? i say stock cat + fister 2.
or possibly fabspeed sport cat with fister 1 but that combination is pretty loud and does not sound as refined at stock + F2. ive run both and like them both. if it were my daily, id just stick on fister 2 and call it done.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Banned

Fister, for the price can’t be beaten!!!
Old 05-12-2018, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: