Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Engine Conversion Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cool Heater in V8 conversion

I have just re-started working on an '88 911 V8 conversion after several years of medical issues. I have been told to start slow as I am weak from a bunch of chemo, etc. I thought I would start with building a heater using a small heater core and building a box to house it. I remember seeing photos of this type approach, but am unable to retrieve them - probably too long ago. Any assistance in getting info on building such a box would be greatly appreciated.

I know this is a small project, but after years of "bed rest" I am thrilled to be back in the garage at all.

Thanks in advance for any help. I will be in the forums a lot more in the coming days/weeks/months.
2010 BMW 328I
2010 Mini Cooper (Wife)
Old 06-12-2019, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeb51 View Post
I have just re-started working on an '88 911 V8 conversion after several years of medical issues. I have been told to start slow as I am weak from a bunch of chemo, etc. I thought I would start with building a heater using a small heater core and building a box to house it. I remember seeing photos of this type approach, but am unable to retrieve them - probably too long ago. Any assistance in getting info on building such a box would be greatly appreciated.

I know this is a small project, but after years of "bed rest" I am thrilled to be back in the garage at all.

Thanks in advance for any help. I will be in the forums a lot more in the coming days/weeks/months.

Iím swapping in a N/A Subaru into my 76 912, going with a stealth radiator thatís NOT in the trunk and hidden under the bumper cover.

Heater wise, Iím planning on sticking a heater core above the dash and making a custom shroud for it, and running the heater lines through the original heater vents.

Thereís A LOT of engineering challenges here, but the engine Iím going with is actually lighter than my original VW engine, and about 200 hp with a cam, and probably a pair of Weber IDFs.

Build page here

https://facebook.com/ArrowBlau

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-13-2019, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Take a look at what I did. I have great heat using the original heater ducts.

89 911 LS1 Conversion

post 423 has a good photo but I didn't need the fan setup on the left. Just the silicon hose connections to the original flapper where the old heat exchangers connected. The interior fans worked fine pulling the hot air into the normal interior ducts. Good luck!
Old 06-13-2019, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: