Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
This does seem to be a tougher internet community than most. Most new members here are viewed with caution, like they’ve got alterior motives. Hopefully not every new member nowadays is a scammer, because we all had zero posts at one time.
That’s my thought exactly (and this, only my 5th post).

I’ve been an active member on another forum for a popular rear engine platform for over ten years, but since I’m still shopping for my first P-car, I don’t have anything to contribute here, so I don’t post! Kind of a catch-22.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesarge View Post
Thatís my thought exactly (and this, only my 5th post).

Iíve been an active member on another forum for a popular rear engine platform for over ten years, but since Iím still shopping for my first P-car, I donít have anything to contribute here, so I donít post! Kind of a catch-22.
I appreciate this topic, and do not want to detract from it at all, but I will say I appreciate the feedback from both ends. I have low post numbers as well.

Been turning wrenches since the early 90's on multiple car brands and have to say that certain Porsche sites/forums have been the only place that I have experienced a certain "treatment" or attitudes towards specific cars. This helps me understand that its about fraud and identity protection, and also a culture that may be different than other brands etc. Not to take it personally...

Vinny
Old 03-02-2019, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesarge View Post
I don’t have anything to contribute here, so I don’t post! Kind of a catch-22.
But you do and maybe you should from a fresh perspective.

Recently I have told someone that since this market has changed so drastically in 2012 to now, that there are so many things to look out for other than bad cars. Many people are finding that it's bad dealers, brokers, and myriad other things - and just because "people have been around" or Porsche veterans doesn't mean they are always right. Greed changes people.

Cutting through the BS on these cars seems to be a full-time job nowadays - not to mention the people that represent and sell them. That's why you have to learn about everything and trust yourself.

That's why new people or lurkers need to post this fresh perspective in order to advance ideas and ways of thinking about this market.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worddot View Post
Dude you posted an ad for a 911 and I PM'd you like 3 times and you refuse to answer me. I've given you my phone number and work email address.... Why am I a scammer if I joined this forum so I can PM you about a car you're trying to sell?!?
Dude,

"I'm not a scammer" is hardly a reassuring first post in an Interweb forum in a marketplace full of scammers.

Dude.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worddot View Post
I appreciate the levity guys. Kind of a jarring introduction to the Porsche community here. I assure you all I am a real "person" and not a "scammer." Thankfully I was able to get contact info via PM now after being vetted. Rock on, dudes
Worddot, My welcome wasn't any better. Word of caution don't ever mention Motor Meister unless you really want all hell to break loose.

Welcome Dude. Yes I say Dude. Rock on.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: