Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
USAF VET

Garage
Thoughts are with you Thom.

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomO View Post
I guess what is not clear in my original post it is not that I lost interest in the project. My health is bad, I am dying. I am trying to clean things up before I go while I still can so my kids don't have to deal with my mess. This is not a panic sale, I have some time.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
I agree, his car looks very nice, my contention was with the quote about rusty and primer turds bringing high 20's, which is no longer true.

I also stand by my original statement that if you don't need to sell right now, don't.

---Adam
Adam,

I agree completely that prices are coming down. Scottsdale imo was a train wreck for European cars anyway. They can't go up every year forever. What I wonder is when are the big selling houses, Mohr Imports, Daniel Schmitt, etc....going to catch on??? Their prices are still OUT there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see them reducing prices at all.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry to hear of your health problems, Thom.
Best of luck with your sale.
Not a buyer, but your pricing on the For Sale Forum looks pretty attractive.
Hope the car goes quickly.
And I sold a bunch of parts I hadn't installed yet.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmark View Post
Adam,

I agree completely that prices are coming down. Scottsdale imo was a train wreck for European cars anyway. They can't go up every year forever. What I wonder is when are the big selling houses, Mohr Imports, Daniel Schmitt, etc....going to catch on??? Their prices are still OUT there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mohr Imports has some nice cars though. I don't see them as way off for what they have.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
Mohr Imports has some nice cars though. I don't see them as way off for what they have.
Agreed, they do have what appears to be the best of the best. I think Amelia Auctions will tell a lot. I don't consider Scottsdale to be a true measure of European classics.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Adam,

I get a couple email blasts on the market. The analysis I saw about Scottsdale said the top was still strong and many 6 and 7 figure cars sold above expectation. But they also said the middle and bottom was weak, with many underforming. So maybe those folks you mention donít need to discount their cars to move them.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 02-19-2019, 04:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

The nicest cars are still bringing good money, but the average and rougher cars are taking a hit. If you watch there are dozens of cars on ebay that have been sitting there for months with the prices steadily dropping.
Also, Scottsdale, Amelia Island have little to do with the cars most of us buy and enjoy. The best comparison I can give you is it's like going to Paris Fashion Week and you see an Yves St. Laurent gown going down the runway, and then 6 months later you see a version of it at the store at the mall, yes, both Yves but in reality apples and oranges.

So don't put too much stock in what happens at the big auction houses and how that translates to what your car is worth.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 02-19-2019, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Adam,

That probably because most of the big houses that sell cars are selling most on consignment, they can't lower the prices, but it doesn't really matter to them because they aren't their cars.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 02-19-2019, 06:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Asking high $30's seems to have worked out
previous Pcars
'95 993 Polar Silver/Chestnut;'08 Cayman S;'70 911E
Old 03-05-2019, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
Wishing ThomO the best with his health.
Stories like these are deeply saddening.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: