Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 4-Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Dave W

...85-89 is a tough era to select colors from. Those years are not the best colors....mostly metallics.

I'd rather go back to 74 (still g-body) and select from the entire 74-89 pallet. Then you can select from all those cool '70's colors. All the IROC colors were cool.....

Old 01-16-2018, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
Yeah right.
Not too many Meh 911's out there. Some people don't need to wave a flag to get noticed, or even want to be.
Sometimes close-mindedness runs rampant within PPM.
Ohh ya got me. Me and my small di*k and close minded ways.
I need to go drive my Guards Red Porsche and tell my self I'm cool.

It's a joke just to bust Adam's b*lls.
But I see that the guy with two Silver cars took immediate offence.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewadd View Post
...85-89 is a tough era to select colors from. Those years are not the best colors....mostly metallics.

I'd rather go back to 74 (still g-body) and select from the entire 74-89 pallet. Then you can select from all those cool '70's colors. All the IROC colors were cool.....

Old 01-16-2018, 02:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
^^^ The Red and White cars are in the front where they belong. Ha.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
Ohh ya got me. Me and my small di*k and close minded ways.
I need to go drive my Guards Red Porsche and tell my self I'm cool.

It's a joke just to bust Adam's b*lls.
But I see that the guy with two Silver cars took immediate offence.
I missed the sarcasm. The internet is funny that way.
Back peddling is hard to spot as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 01-16-2018, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post

Friendship is Magic!

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 01-16-2018, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
I missed the sarcasm. The internet is funny that way.
Back peddling is hard to spot as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Touchť

FYI - Just assume Iím just being a smart azz in 90% of my posts and youíll be correct.

Sent from my iPhone while Driving
Old 01-16-2018, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Eva

Garage
I'd go Chiffon White

Am always amused when I read about how many GR 911s there are out there...but when at gatherings or events, the Reds are always out numbered by black/silver/white (or very close variants thereof).

Just the $.02 of a guy who owns an originally Cashmere Beige SC...which was unfortunately and narrow-sightedly (is that even a term?) resprayed GR in the early 90s...poorly at that.

I mean really, the red is bad. Forgiving for detailing and looking pretty, but ostentatious to the moon...

Last edited by 911SauCy; 01-17-2018 at 04:40 PM..
Old 01-17-2018, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

For those that hate Guards Red...

See on exotic cars there is no better color than red period.

I say period because in the 80s gaurds red was of its period. No more period correct color of the 1980s than gaurds red.

When I say exotic I mean the supercars of the era F40,288 GTO,testarossa,countach,959,930

These were all look at me cars of 80s.

I feel only certain cars should be able to be painted red..

Only cars of exceptional performance and exclusivity.

Letís face it not all cars can pull off red. The cars that can REALLY can pull it off. REALLY pull it off. They also do it with exceptional WOW factor.

Besides the fact the red is QUITE a rare color on sport cars since the mid 90s..

Donít see red on newer sport cars or supercars period today.

Yes itís a ďLOOK AT MEĒ color but I quite like the extra attention it gets.

Simply put. If itís a supercar legit it should be RED or a loud color.. Save the browns,blues,silvers,golds,greens, for sports cars with maybe more moderate performance levels..

Last edited by 93097004xx; 01-18-2018 at 11:07 AM..
Old 01-18-2018, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

[QUOTE=93097004xx;9890738]
I feel like only certain cars should be able to be painted red..When I say exotic I mean the supercars of the era F40,288 GTO,testarossa,countach,959,930
Only cars of exceptional performance and exclusivity.

^^^^^^^^^^
I have to agree with some of this previous post.
I was not a big fan of red till I drove this 84 Kremer 935. Since then Gaurds red grew on me.

Since then just look what happened to me

85 930 by Norwood performance

89 930SN

Last edited by voitureltd; 01-22-2018 at 10:26 AM..
Old 01-18-2018, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Used old photo of the Norwood car. Should have used a current photo with the more period correct 80s much wider wheels along with lowered stiffer suspension to work ( and look ) better with the Norwood power ( over 700)

Last edited by voitureltd; 01-18-2018 at 10:56 AM..
Old 01-18-2018, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Unless you wear skinny jeans, ride a fixie, and listen to vinyl. Then you are willing to pay 20% more.
Hey, I do all those things and I HATE red cars!

My first Porsche was a red 2007 Cayman S. The car was fine, but I couldn't deal with the feeling that I looked like a douchebag in that car. Too flashy. Maybe if I had a pinkie ring, I coulda pulled it off...

Blue, grey (my 930 is anthracite), green, all good. God help me, I even like silver. Just not red.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Back in the day I loved guards red with black trim when I spotted the first 944. It looked like a race car for the street with those boxed flares and deep wheels

Then later it was everywhere and I hated guards red

Then I painted my bike that color
..and soon after, this fell into my lap so I guess I must like it again

Old 01-18-2018, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Garage
ihad an 81 Targa in Rosewood ( brown with golf flecks) loved the color and the pasha seats. when
i bought mt 78 next, I bought it because of the slick top, and put up with the guards red which I have since come to love.A 911 in any color is fine for me.
my son bought an orange boxster s limited edition, and he is very happy with the color.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Back in the day I loved guards red with black trim when I spotted the first 944. It looked like a race car for the street with those boxed flares and deep wheels

Manual transmission? Sill have itís phone dials?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2018, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Unless you wear skinny jeans, ride a fixie, and listen to vinyl. Then you are willing to pay 20% more.
I feel so out of touch with this thread.. I love Guards Red, and factored in that into the cost of buying one..

@Matt - "skinny jeans" - my wife yelled at me the other day for drinking too much beer, telling me all my jeans are now "skinny" jeans cause Im getting too fat..
Old 01-18-2018, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Life View Post
I feel so out of touch with this thread.. I love Guards Red, and factored in that into the cost of buying one..

. . .
Ya', each to their color-blind and no taste having own, but it is really amusing to see some guys(?) on a sports car forum talk about how red is bad and shart brown, stained undies chiffon, pool bottom turquoise, etc. are good.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Ya', each to their color-blind and no taste having own, but it is really amusing to see some guys(?) on a sports car forum talk about how red is bad and shart brown, stained undies chiffon, pool bottom turquoise, etc. are good.
If only 3% of 911's were Guards Red those same people would be saying it's one of their favorite colors.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

We all see color and its relation to shape slightly differently I think, which is Great!
I'm married to a cool woman who's job it is to 'color forecast' for a big paint company here (Dulux), so we are always debating this sort of stuff.

For me personally, different colors suit different vehicles, so to say simply that you like 'red' or dislike white cars is not enough. You know intuitively when you see it, whether it works or not.

However, there is a subset here and that is the racing colors. Yes, we know German cars started out white, but when they shaved those few precious pounds by removing paint altogether-thus creating 'silver', there can be no more virtuous shade ever applied to a Porsche. Therefore, I'm with Adam on this. End of story. The science is settled.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post

I have 2 red bikes. A 1989 Specialized Rockhopper Comp and a 1998 Specialized Allez A1. I like Specialized red. Just no fixies.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 01-18-2018, 09:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: